Accounts Receivable Specialist
FarMart is a modern food supply network connecting farming communities, food businesses, and consumers. We are seamlessly integrating food value chains. We source produce scalably via our first-mile platform, optimize processing through an asset-light model, and subsequently distribute finished food digitally. By consolidating complex supply and distribution channels on a single platform, we are changing the way food is bought and sold in India and the world. Our mission is to create more resilient, reliable, and rewarding food value chains for humanity. At FarMart, we're dedicated to building the good food economy.
We're proud to be backed by renowned venture capitalists, including General Catalyst, Matrix Partners, Omidyar Network, and Avaana Capital, who invest in sustainable and purpose-driven tech companies. Our trusted partners include industry leaders like ITC, Sugna, Adani, Olam, Britannia, Glencoe, and Coffeco, among many others.
Founded by childhood friends Alekh Sanghera and Mehtab Singh Hans in 2015, FarMart set out to create a scalable tech solution that would make farming a reputable, profitable, and preferred profession for the next generation. Since our launch in 2015, we've established partnerships with over 230,000 farm aggregators and have positively impacted the lives of 3.2 million farmers and more than 2,000 food businesses worldwide.
To learn more about us, you can refer to the following media coverage:
- Hindu Business Line
About the Role:
As an Accounts Receivable executive, you will work within the accounting team to manage the efficient, timely and accurate payment of receivable balances from customers. Secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts, and resolving any discrepancies. In this role, you will be responsible for the entire order to cash cycle of the business. This role requires the candidate to be organized and have a keen eye for detail to spot any issues that may arise.
- Maintain precise records of all incoming payments
- Contact clients as needed to ensure payment of outstanding invoices.
- Reconcile customer ledgers and any irregularities in receipts.
- Work collaboratively across teams to verify any gaps identified in reconciliation and collection mapping
- Timely generate and deliver reports across departments as needed.
- Followup with customers for ledger and timely reconciliation of accounts
Must have skills:
- Strong understanding of GST/ TDS processes.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- 1 - 3 years in accounting or related field with BCom or MBA Degree
- Strong organizational, analytical and recording skills and trading company experience
Good to have skills
- Experience in Collection is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Good knowledge of Zoho
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of TCS and taxability of relevant products.
What we offer you:
- A flat and transparent culture with an incredibly high learning curve and a swanky informal workspace which defines our open and vibrant work culture
- Opportunity to solve new and challenging problems with a high scope of innovation, complete ownership of the product, chance to conceptualize and implement your solutions
- Opportunity to work with incredible peers and be a part of the Tech revolution
- Most importantly, a chance to be associated with big impact early in your career
If you're interested in exploring potential opportunities at FarMart or would like to have a quick chat, please share your contact number and resume, and I'll reach out to you.