Senior Sales Engineer
Cambridge Mobile Telematics
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Senior Sales Engineer who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
- Be the strategic business consultant and technical advisor to our customers and target accounts in Japan and Asia-Pacific
- Build strong relationships with technical and executive decision makers and help them to understand and value our products and services
- Lead business and technical workshops as an expert facilitator to build buyer consensus around the business case and the solution
- Collaborate with buyer stakeholders to elicit and influence functional and technical requirements
- Drive technical solution development in collaboration with our Sales, Customer Solutions (professional services), and Customer Success teams
- Participate in all aspects of the customer lifecycle from initial sale to ongoing improvement and growth of the accounts
- Be the “voice of the market” and contribute to marketing and product strategy
- Complete any additional tasks that may arise
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar business/technical role such as pre-sales, sales engineering or solution design
- Ability to dynamically solve problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working in situations of uncertainty where listening, designing solutions and building consensus is required
- Strong understanding of software design and disciplines
- Fluency in Japanese and English with the ability to conduct business and speak to technical topics in Japanese
- Ability to travel as needed
- A spirit of market development with strong aspirations
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience in a solution-selling business development role
- Prior experience in a technical role such as IT architect, technical product manager, or software developer
- Experience in solution design in one or more of the following areas: telematics, mobile applications, IoT, cloud-based data processing, big data solutions, smartphones
- Experience selling or consulting in the insurance, financial services, telecom, or automotive industries
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Work from home depending on role and responsibilities
- Flexible scheduling options depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (improving road safety)
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.