Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
We’re a commercial motor insurer on a mission to save people time and money. From scooter delivery riders to private hire taxi drivers, our customers are our driving force. We’re making insurance fairer and more human for every one of them.
When we started back in 2016, we knew that traditional insurance held businesses back. It was too complicated, too expensive and too time consuming. So we set out to change things, building insurance solutions that empower professional drivers throughout the UK and Europe.
So far, we’ve raised over $200 million in funding. We’ve grown from a scrappy start-up into an industry changing organisation, and there’s plenty more to come.
That’s where you come in…
Purpose of role
We are seeking a passionate Senior Business Intelligence Analyst with a commercial sense and a true passion for data. our role isn't solely about generating data; it's about leveraging it effectively, transforming it into actionable insights. Your focus will involve providing comprehensive reports and analysis to support our key strategic initiatives. To thrive here, you'll need a solid technical foundation as a Data Analyst, exceptional stakeholder management skills, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing
- You will collaborate closely with the Data, Engineering, Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, Pricing, Claims & Fraud teams, and senior leadership to identify and evaluate the primary KPIs influencing conversion and performance.
- You will monitor business performance regularly, conduct ad-hoc analyses, and proactively offer recommendations to Senior Leaders to enhance team performance while identifying growth opportunities or business risks.
- You will own reporting - set up and maintain reports and dashboards using various technical tools (SQL, Looker, Excel, etc.) to assess KPIs and track them over time.
- You will be responsible for making data available to internal and external stakeholders in a digestible form. This might include designing and create appropriate ETL processes and partnering with the Data Analytics and Data Engineering teams to implement them
- You will work closely with Customer Support, Product and Engineering teams to help prioritise new products and features with the aim of constantly improving the customer experience. Your recommendations will be data-driven, influenced by consumer behaviour, revenue impact, ROI and market trends
- You will provide support for modeling and forecasting to comprehend the efforts required to achieve business targets.
What you will need to be successful
- You have a background in Business Intelligence or Analytics Teams, with prior experience in defining and monitoring business performance
- You know how to build dashboards (we use Looker) and have advanced Excel skills.
- You have advanced SQL proficiency and comprehension of database architectures to craft efficient code tailored to business needs
- You are a smart, strategic thinker who is great at solving problems (not just ones that involve numbers!), able to execute against tight deadlines in a fast-moving start-up.
- You have strong stakeholder management abilities across different seniority levels, capable of prioritizing requests into a coherent work plan and managing expectations accordingly.
- You have a team-centric outlook, your work is part of the team’s overall plan. You are happy to contribute to individual projects or support others with theirs
- BS/BA in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or similar
- Familiarity with Python or R.
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup, InsurTech, or FinTech.
- Prior experience in developing ETL processes and financial modeling.
What’s it like to work at Zego?
Joining Zego is a career-defining move. People go further here, reaching their full potential to achieve extraordinary things.
We’re spread throughout the UK and Europe, and united by our drive to get things done. We’re proud of our company and our culture – a friendly and inclusive space where we can lift each other up and celebrate our wins every day.
Together, we’re setting the bar higher, delivering exceptional work that makes a difference. Our people are the most important part of our story, and everyone here plays a role. There’s loads of room to learn and grow, and you’ll get the freedom to steer your career wherever you want.
You’ll work alongside a talented group who embrace each other's differences and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We recognise our achievements, learn from our mistakes, and help each other to be the best we can be. Together, we’re making insurance matter.
How we work
We believe that teams work better when they have time to collaborate and space to get things done. We call it Zego Hybrid.
Our hybrid way of working is unique. We don't mandate fixed office days. Instead, we foster a flexible approach that empowers every Zegon to perform at their best. We ask you to spend at least one day a week in our central London office (next to Liverpool Street). You have the flexibility to choose the day that works best for you and your team. We cover the costs for all company-wide events (3 per year), and also provide a separate hybrid contribution to help pay towards other travel costs. We think it’s a good mix of collaborative face time and flexible home-working, setting us up to achieve the right balance between work and life.
We reward our people well. Join us and you’ll get a market-competitive salary, private medical insurance, company share options, generous holiday allowance, and a whole lot of wellbeing benefits. And that’s just for starters.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.