Finance Director - 14 months FTC
We’re a commercial motor insurer on a mission to save people time and money. From nationwide taxi fleets to self-employed scooter delivery riders, our customers are our driving force. We’re making insurance fairer and more human for every one of them.
When we started back in 2016, we knew that traditional insurance held businesses back. It was too complicated, too expensive, and too time-consuming. So we set out to change things, building insurance solutions that empower professional drivers throughout the UK and Europe.
So far, we’ve raised over $200 million in funding. We’ve grown from a scrappy start-up into an industry-changing organisation, and there’s plenty more to come.
That’s where you come in...
Purpose of the role
As the Finance Director at Zego, you will play a crucial role in shaping the financial strategy of the company. Your mission is to lead the finance team, ensuring financial performance targets are met, and leveraging your strategic mindset and financial expertise to guide the organisation towards continued growth and success. This is a high-impact role that requires strong leadership skills, a strategic mindset, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This role reports to the CFO.
We are offering a maternity leave cover contract of a minimum of 14 months.
What you will be doing
- Develop and execute financial strategies aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Play a pivotal role in commercial decision-making, by providing strategic and operational financial leadership.
- Provide financial insights to the executive leadership team, supporting key decision-making processes and driving business performance.
- Lead and manage a large team of finance professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement and supporting
- Leading the finance and systems agenda across the business, and maintaining and improving the financial health of the business.
- Lead the financial reporting process, ensuring timely and accurate financial statements and reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and enforce financial policies and procedures to maintain compliance and mitigate risk.
- Monitor and assess the financial health of the company, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, including auditors, tax advisors, and investors.
- Drive financial analysis and modelling to support business initiatives and investment decisions.
What you will need to be successful
- Qualified accountant
- Proven experience as a Finance Director or similar senior finance role.
- Experience in the insurance or insurtech industry is highly desirable
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Strong knowledge of financial management principles and practices.
- Solid understanding of accounting regulations and standards.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment is highly desirable
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Advanced proficiency in financial software and tools.
What’s it like to work at Zego?
Joining Zego is a career-defining move. People go further here, reaching their full potential to achieve extraordinary things.
We’re spread throughout the UK and Europe, and united by our drive to get things done. We’re proud of our company and our culture – a friendly and inclusive space where we can lift each other up and celebrate our wins every day.
Together, we’re setting the bar higher, delivering exceptional work that makes a difference. Our people are the most important part of our story, and everyone here plays a role. There’s loads of room to learn and grow, and you’ll get the freedom to steer your career wherever you want.
How we work
We believe that teams work better when they have time to collaborate and space to get things done. We call it Zego Hybrid.
Our hybrid way of working is unique. We don't mandate fixed office days. Instead, we foster a flexible approach that empowers every Zegon to perform at their best. We ask you to spend at least one day a week in our central London office (next to Liverpool Street). You have the flexibility to choose the day that works best for you and your team. We cover the costs for all company-wide events (3 per year), and also provide a separate hybrid contribution to help pay towards other travel costs. We think it’s a good mix of collaborative face time and flexible home-working, setting us up to achieve the right balance between work and life.
We reward our people well. Join us and you’ll get a market-competitive salary, private medical insurance, generous holiday allowance, and a whole lot of wellbeing benefits. And that’s just for starters.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.