We’re a commercial motor insurer on a mission to save people time and money. From nationwide taxi fleets to self-employed scooter delivery riders, our customers are our driving force. We’re making insurance fairer and more human for every one of them.
When we started back in 2016, we knew that traditional insurance held businesses back. It was too complicated, too expensive and too time consuming. So we set out to change things, building insurance solutions that empower professional drivers throughout the UK and Europe.
So far, we’ve raised over $200 million in funding. We’ve grown from a scrappy start-up into an industry changing organisation, and there’s plenty more to come.
That’s where you come in…
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a proactive People Advisor to join our People team. This role is twofold: whilst you will work with the rest of the People Operations team to provide administrative support for other people functions (i.e. People Partnering, Talent, Reward) throughout the employee life cycle, you will also be autonomously accountable for supporting managers through Employee Relations (ER) cases.
You will be expected to muck in on any project (perhaps writing a new policy or supporting a system implementation) that can benefit from your experience. If you’re a great HR Advisor with a broad interest in HR practice and you’re looking to play a key part in a new People team as part of an organization revolutionizing the Insurance market then this might be the role for you!
It is a challenging but also fascinating role and there is an opportunity for you to really make a difference and develop your own professional skills whilst supporting a successful and established business.
What you will be doing
- Provide advice, guidance, and coaching on people practices, policies, and processes
- Supports the management and development of all People operations processes across the full employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding (i.e. contracts, data management, job changes, etc)
- Responsible for answering employee queries into the People team mailbox on all people-related matters
- Proactively and confidently manage ER cases. You’ll escalate complex, risky or sensitive cases to People Partners and closely collaborate with them on all cases
- Ensure the proper documentation are provided and the appropriate process is followed for all ER cases
- Support people partners in developing line manager capability through training and other guidance.
- Tracking ER metrics and collaborating with the wider people team to make these meaningful for managers (i.e. sick leave report);
- Always looking to improve our capability, identifying learning opportunities and ways to bring in better practice;
- May lead or support on people projects and initiatives.
- Identify and propose opportunities for continuous improvement.
What you will need to be successful
- Previous experience of autonomously managing ER cases, ideally within a similar fast paced start-up environment;
- Ability to build trusting relationships and influence managers from across the business;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy;
- (Desirable) CIPD level 5;
- Knowledge of UK employment legislation;
- Knowledge of employment legislation in other European locations (desirable);
- Proven ability to effectively organise, prioritise, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to analyse data, understand trends, and develop recommendations that deliver impact.
- Very results-orientated and solutions-focused
- You are personable and a clear communicator; able to deal with confidential information responsibly.
- You are able to work in a flexible environment around tight deadlines and adapt to last-minute changes.
What’s it like to work at Zego?
Joining Zego is a career-defining move. People go further here, reaching their full potential to achieve extraordinary things.
We’re spread throughout the UK and Europe, and united by our drive to get things done. We’re proud of our company and our culture – a friendly and inclusive space where we can lift each other up and celebrate our wins every day.
Together, we’re setting the bar higher, delivering exceptional work that makes a difference. Our people are the most important part of our story, and everyone here plays a role. There’s loads of room to learn and grow, and you’ll get the freedom to steer your career wherever you want.
You’ll work alongside a talented group who embrace each other's differences and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We recognise our achievements, learn from our mistakes, and help each other to be the best we can be. Together, we’re making insurance matter.
How we work
We believe that teams work better when they have time to collaborate and space to get things done. We call it Zego Hybrid.
Our hybrid way of working is unique. We don't mandate fixed office days. Instead, we foster a flexible approach that empowers every Zegon to perform at their best. We ask you to spend at least one day a week in our central London office (next to Liverpool Street). You have the flexibility to choose the day that works best for you and your team. We cover the costs for all company-wide events (3 per year), and also provide a separate hybrid contribution to help pay towards other travel costs.
We think it’s a good mix of collaborative face time and flexible home-working, setting us up to achieve the right balance between work and life.
We reward our people well. Join us and you’ll get a market-competitive salary, private medical insurance, company share options, generous holiday allowance, and a whole lot of wellbeing benefits. And that’s just for starters.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.