Account Executive - Zego Netherlands
We are a commercial motor insurer with a mission to save businesses time and money. Our customers, from nationwide taxi fleets to self-employed scooter delivery riders, are at the heart of everything we do. When we started back in 2016, we knew that traditional insurance held businesses back: it was too complicated, expensive, and time-consuming. We've been transforming the insurance landscape ever since, offering solutions that empower professional drivers across the UK and Europe.
By providing insight into driving behaviour, we offer businesses active risk management and insights into how fleets can improve their driving behavior. The result? Safer, more economical, and cleaner driving. So that fleets can not only save on their premium but also be in control of all other fleet costs.
Founded in the UK in 2016, Zego is now active in 10 countries across Europe. So far, Zego has raised over $280 million in funding and was the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. It was also the first to be awarded its own insurance license and recently featured 14th in the FT 1000 list of Europe's fastest-growing companies. We've grown from a scrappy start-up to an industry-changing organization, and there's much more to come. That's where you come in!
About the role: it’s a hybrid one
You’re sitting within the NL Commercial team and you will be end-to-end responsible for servicing our portfolio of live fleet clients and brokers, helped by Zego’s data and tech-tools. This means you’re client-facing but also skilled to operationally service these fleets and brokers yourself.
Next to that you closely collaborate with the global B2B underwriting team, as you will work with underwriters to onboard new business and renew existing fleets, ensuring that we provide the best quality service to our customers.
This is a permanent contract, with a 2 months notice period.
As part of this role you will be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for the live fleets in the Dutch market
- Making sure Zego NL lives up to its risk management proposition towards the live fleets
- Working with our operations team to manage new business leads and renewals, supporting quotes, onboarding and policy adjustment processes
- Continuous improvement of our processes by working with our product team to automate and streamlines processes where appropriate
- Working on ad-hoc projects to further develop the underwriting function and support Zego’s strategic B2B goals
- You have 2+ years of experience, preferably working in account management or operations
- You have great communication skills, and are able to boost broker and client engagement
- You’ll be detail-oriented, proactive and able to problem solve and suggest solutions
- You'll have the capacity to multitask, you prioritize in a logical and structured manner and you have a disciplined follow-through on tasks.
- You’re naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate
- Speak Dutch and English
- You’ll be able to work from the lovely Amsterdam office a few days per week
What’s it like to work at Zego?
Joining Zego is a career-defining move. People go further here, reaching their full potential to achieve extraordinary things.
We’re spread throughout the UK and Europe, and united by our drive to get things done. We’re proud of our company and our culture – a friendly and inclusive space where we can lift each other up and celebrate our wins every day.
Together, we’re setting the bar higher, delivering exceptional work that makes a difference. Our people are the most important part of our story, and everyone here plays a role. There’s loads of room to learn and grow, and you’ll get the freedom to steer your career wherever you want.
You’ll work alongside a talented group who embrace each other's differences and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We recognise our achievements, learn from our mistakes, and help each other to be the best we can be. Together, we’re making insurance matter.
How we work
We believe that teams work better when they have time to collaborate and space to get things done. We call it Zego Hybrid. We do ask you to come to the Amsterdam office 2-3 days per week, but not on set days, so you have flexibility and can safeguard what most effective for you. We cover the costs for all company-wide events in London (3 per year), and provide a separate hybrid contribution to help pay towards potential travel costs. We think it’s a good mix of collaborative face time and flexible home-working, setting us up to achieve the right balance between work and life.
We reward our people well. Join us and you’ll get a market-competitive salary, private medical insurance, company share options, generous holiday allowance, and a whole lot of wellbeing benefits. And that’s just for starters.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.