Risk and Compliance Manager
We’re a commercial motor insurer on a mission to save people time and money. From nationwide taxi fleets to self-employed scooter delivery riders, our customers are our driving force. We work hard to make insurance simple, affordable and stress-free for every one of them.
When we started back in 2016, we knew that traditional insurance held businesses back. It was too complicated, too time consuming, and it wasn't priced fairly. So we set out to change that, building insurance products to empower professional drivers throughout the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we’ve raised over $200 million in funding, and we’re proud to hold the title of the UK’s first insurtech Unicorn (a private company valued at over $1 billion). We’ve grown from a scrappy start-up into an industry changing organisation. And there’s plenty more to come.
How we work
We believe that teams work better when they have time to collaborate and space to get things done. We call it Zego Hybrid.
It’s not “hybrid working” as you might know it – we don’t ask you to work from the office on set days. It’s a flexible approach that allows every Zegon to be their best.
Home can still be your primary place of work, with team days and events at our central London office when we need to get together. We cover the costs for all company-wide events (3 per year), and provide a separate hybrid contribution to help pay towards travel costs for our monthly pizza socials and other team get-togethers.
We think it’s a good mix of collaborative face time and flexible home-working, setting us up to achieve that right balance between work and life.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and proactive FCA Risk & Compliance Manager - UK to help us make sure that our systems and processes continually meet FCA requirements as we scale and grow.
Please Note: this role requires demonstrable experience of working within an FCA regulated business in a compliance role, preferably within insurance or fintech.
About the role
- You will develop and execute an effective risk-based Compliance Monitoring Programme, in line with the applicable FCA regulations.
- You will support in identifying and managing compliance risks, ensure that the relevant control environments are operating effectively, key controls are tested and deficiencies are addressed.
- You will review and monitor compliance against the governance frameworks and applicable regulations and report on this to the Director of Legal and Regulatory Affairs and the Risk Oversight Forum.
- You will design and produce management information on compliance for a variety of audiences.
- You will provide support, education and training to the wider Zego team with regards to compliance.
What you'll be working on
- You will develop and implement the company’s Compliance Monitoring Programme, including Financial Promotions, Sources of Business, SMCR, Financial Crime and Conduct Risk.
- You will be responsible for the creation of reports for various internal and external audience, including the various senior leadership, the company board and our carrier partners.
- You will conduct proactive research to stay up to date with all applicable regulations and rules.
- You will be an all-round compliance advisor to assist in the company’s ambitious growth plans.
- You will work with business units to identify, assess and prioritise threats, opportunities and issues and support business units as they consider core risks critical to their business functions.
- You will maintain and monitor the enforcement of Zego’s risk management framework, including policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
What you’ll need to be successful
- You will have experience of working in the compliance area within a regulated FCA company - preferably within insurance or fin-tech.
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of the FCA compliance requirements and standards.
- You’ll have great analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leadership.
- You will have excellent cross functional collaboration skills.
- You will be someone who exhibits sound business judgement, proven ability to influence others, and a track record of taking ownership, leading compliance analysis, and influencing results.
- You will have a high degree of organisation and an ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
What's it like to work at Zego?
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.