Cook - Family Meal Corp Office - LANDED
About the role
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing menu items for daily meals and special events
- Operate kitchen equipment such as, rationale combi oven, fryers, turbo chef oven, and grill
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Follow menu, batch recipes, including measuring weighing and mixing ingredients
- Set up workstations required and monitor station inventory level
- Handle and store ingredients and food rotating inventory using FIFO
- Ensure ingredients and final products including garnish are fresh
- Follow all food safety and sanitation HACCP guidelines
- Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
- Hours: 8am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
- Pay Rate: $21/hr
Qualifications & Skills
- 2 years minimum experience working in a catering or batch cooking food service environment
- Safe Serv Certified
- Basic comprehension of English oral and written language
- Ability to read and measure recipes and apply basic knife skills
- Exhibit a basic knowledge, understanding of various cooking techniques
- Basic Knowledge of cooking utensils and equipment and kitchen areas with exposure to humidity
- Knowledge of health, safety and sanitation rules and regulations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work as part of a Team collaborating
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally authorized to work in the US
- Medical, dental, vision
- Health savings account with employer match
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- 1.5x pay if you work on holidays
- Learning and development opportunities to advance your career
- Employee Stock Options
Note: Some of our benefits vary by state and depend on the number of hours you work.
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.