Senior Manager, Inventory Analytics
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
About the role
Inventory operations at Wonder is the core of our customer-facing business. Being able to deliver our amazing food experience to customers is predicated on all our restaurants having timely and accurate inventory data. We’re looking for a detail-oriented, highly analytical (and food-loving) self-starter to join our team as an Inventory Product & Operations Analyst. You will own the organization and accuracy of our inventory data as well as develop analysis and reporting to support and improve our operations and systems. The expectation for this role is to be a driver of change, not just an analyst reporting on data.
- Organize our inventory data within dbt and Snowflake to enable fast and easy reporting and analysis for operations as well as for use by other operational systems (such as Forecasting)
- Understand our inventory management processes in order to ensure the reality of our inventory transactions is accurately reflected in our data
- Create inventory accuracy dashboards to enforce inventory management compliance
- Create, report on and deep dive into our KPIs – inventory accuracy, waste and stockouts
- Develop automated RCA processes for waste and stockout events. When a single item goes out of stock, an automated report should be able to instantly report on the RCA (i.e., the 5 whys)
- Perform deep dive analysis on our inventory flows and data to identify opportunities to reduce food waste and reduce stockouts
- Create product analytics reporting for our internal inventory management product
- Spend time at some of our restaurants in order to gain an intuitive understanding of our inventory operations
The experience you have
- 4+ years of analytics experience in Operations, Finance, Management Consulting or any data-heavy analytics role
- Highly analytically rigorous problem-solver; bias to data in decision-making. Ability to translate data into action and insights.
- Advanced SQL skills and knowledge; can write complex queries, comfortable with window functions and can design / have strong opinions on database design/schema
- Demonstrated experience with Python or R either to perform advanced analysis or to automate some existing data/analytical/reporting process
- Experience with dbt and Snowflake
- Experience with Looker or other Data Visualization tools
The way you work
• You craft positive approaches with the pursuit of excellence for our people and customers in mind
• You solve problems and make decisions informed by data, insights, and good judgement
• You gain trust through open dialogue, embracing change, and actively seeking feedback
We offer a competitive salary package including equity and 401K. Additionally, we provide multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to meet all of our employees' needs as well as many benefits and perks that are not listed.
Base Salary Range: $136,500 - $170,625
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.