Food Quality Control Supervisor
About the role
Responsible for overseeing and ensuring food safety and quality standards are met by routine monitoring of receiving, production, and food storage activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality Control Supervisor will oversee Quality Control Associates and Quality Control Leads to ensure adherence to established food safety standards, current Good Manufacturing practices (cGMP) and Critical Control Points (CCPs) throughout the food process flow.
- Overseeing & Monitoring Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) practices at the Cold Kitchen (daily audits will be required)
- Managing Risks and Process improvement
- Weekly Food Safety Inspections
- Daily review of cleaning (connecting with Sanitation team)
- Oversee QC Team efforts and report findings to Upper Management
- Quality Control Supervisor will be responsible for weekly calibration and documenting of calibrated thermometers (IR and digital) and ensuring annual calibration of certified thermometers
- Define Testing Standards and Strategies. QA leads define testing strategies to ensure the product being released is up to industry and company standards.
- Providing copies of CCP logs for the protein, pizza, starch & veggie kitchen and ensuring logs are completed and retrieved daily.
- Monitor receiving process for all produce received (fresh, frozen, and dry products) and confirm these products are received at required temperature (This is documented in ERP by the inbound receiving personnel. QA Tech will only confirm other requirements as listed in CCP1)
- Daily monitoring and documentation of all refrigeration and freezer temperatures (accomplished twice daily)
- Responsible for providing and ensuring other daily records, (chemical concentration logs, dish wash temp logs, ice machine cleaning logs -weekly and monthly) are completed by the sanitation team as required
- Work with the sanitation team to ensure daily cleanliness of the facility and its environs by conducting daily checks of food production and storage areas
- Assist in facilitating the daily operations and activities in the commissary while ensuring food safety measures are met during the process
- Pay rate: $26/hr
- Job location: Cranford, NJ
- Full-time and Part-time available
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have some weekend availability
- Must be able to stand for a full shift
- Must be able to lift, pull, and push 50 pounds
- Able to work in a cold environment (32- 36 degrees)
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork
- Experience in a standard kitchen/high volume
- Experience working and communicating cross functionally
- Ability to use and operate a tablet (like an iPad)
- Great attention to detail
- Serve Safe food handling certified or equivalent
- 2 years + experience in QC or QA role
- Supervising or managing 4+ employees
- Experience in Food Manufacturing
- Knowledge of cGMP or PPE standards
- Thermometer Calibration and Verification
- Logging/Recording Temperature Checks of Areas and Product
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiar with sending “End of Shift” or other departmental communications
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally authorized to work in the US
*This list of qualifications also reflects the qualifications used as vetting criteria for our AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool)
- Medical, dental, vision
- Health savings account with employer match
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- 2x pay if you work on holidays
- Learning and development opportunities to advance your career
- Employee Stock Options
Note: Some of our benefits vary by state and depend on the number of hours you work.
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
An AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool) is employed in the assessment of applicants for the positions being recruited for in order to gauge the following pertinent qualifications or traits:
- The candidate’s ability to perform the tasks in the available job role.
- The candidate's self-rated skill proficiency.
- The candidate’s fit for this job posting.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.