Food Prep Packer
About the role
Our Food Assembly Associates masterfully piece together our irresistible, colorful, and perfectly balanced meal kits. You’ll do so with a focus on precision and waste reduction, so we can produce high quality meals at our multi concept restaurants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a Food Assembly Associate, you will:
- Prepare, pouch & kit all ingredients and meals including prepping and boxing for transport for Wonder's HDR's
- Precisely measure the exact amount of ingredients while following our trainings and guides
- Make sure every last detail is just right by quality checking your work
- Experience working in, but not limited to, a commissary, in a top-quality restaurant, hotel or high-end food service environment.
- Food Safety and HACCP guideline knowledge including proper protein food safety temperatures and "danger zone" food temperatures.
- Versed in the metric system conversion
- Pay Rate: $17.50/hr
- Job location: Cranford, NJ
- Full-Time and Part-time Available
Qualifications & Skills
- Comfortable with working in a cold environment, prior experience preferred!
- Must be able to stand for shift period while working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally authorized to work in the US
*This list of qualifications also reflects the qualifications used as vetting criteria for our AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool)
- Medical, dental, vision
- Health savings account with employer match
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- 2x pay if you work on holidays
- Learning and development opportunities to advance your career
- Employee Stock Options
Note: Some of our benefits vary by state and depend on the number of hours you work.
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
An AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool) is employed in the assessment of applicants for the positions being recruited for in order to gauge the following pertinent qualifications or traits:
- The candidate’s ability to perform the tasks in the available job role.
- The candidate's self-rated skill proficiency.
- The candidate’s fit for this job posting.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.