Restaurant Customer Service
About the role
Ready for a new kind of career? If you're looking for competitive pay, a door-opening career, and a role where your creativity and independence can shine, we want to meet you!
We're looking for Wonder Brand Ambassadors to be the face of the company and educate our guests on elevating our new restaurant concept. As a Brand Ambassador, you will lead our front-of-house (FOH) operations, help raise brand awareness, and develop an outstanding brand image by interacting with our customers. This is a completely hands-on position, with all working hours spent on the floor. Typical responsibilities include greeting guests, answering guest questions, assisting guests with downloading the Wonder app, taking orders, completing transactions on a point of sale (POS) system, resolving guest complaints, and assuring high cleanliness and quality standards. To excel in this role, you have excellent communication, hospitality, and customer service skills.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of integrity, dependability, professionalism, adaptability and flexibility, willingness to learn, strong work ethic, and sense of urgency.
- Greet every guest as they enter in a welcoming, professional, and upbeat manner
- Become a subject matter expert in our restaurants, menu items, and Wonder app experience and educating our new guests
- Explain our new restaurant concept and what makes us different to customers
- Develop relationships with customers and assist guests with item selection
- Collect and share customer feedback and concerns with your manager
- Continually be aware of the guests while they are in the restaurant and checking in on their experience and providing customer service to allow for an elevated experience, handing customers their pick-up orders
- Memorize current in-store promotions and any menu items that may be out of stock to relay information to customers
- Take minimal in-restaurant orders via point-of-sale system and collect payment
- Own the cleanliness of the front-of-house by wiping down tables, organizing desk, sweeping floors, collecting garbage, as needed
- Salary: $18/hr
- Job location: Midland Park, NJ
- Shift Details: Varies, Part-Time available.
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally authorized to work in the US
The experience you have
- 2+ years of experience working in customer-facing or hospitality role
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Pleasant disposition and positive attitude
- Professional and courteous
- Working independently and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to think outside the box and solve problems creatively
- Eager to learn new technology and proficient in navigating a smart phone with apps
- Energized and motivated by a fast-growing business that is constantly evolving
- Empathetic with an ability to adapt your communication style to your audience
- Passionate about our mission of changing the way people eat
*This list of qualifications also reflects the qualifications used as vetting criteria for our AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool)
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
An AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool) is employed in the assessment of applicants for the positions being recruited for in order to gauge the following pertinent qualifications or traits:
- The candidate’s ability to perform the tasks in the available job role.
- The candidate's self-rated skill proficiency.
- The candidate’s fit for this job posting.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.