Restaurant Assistant General Manager
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
About the role
The Assistant Restaurant Manager has the responsibility of overseeing the daily operations of their restaurant. The Assistant Restaurant Manager will help lead, with a focus on exceptional customer service and results. They will support the Restaurant Manager with managing all front and back of house operations to create the ultimate customer experience. In this role you will:
Manage Operations and Drive Results
- Support your unit manager to develop, engage, inspire, and motivate staff team members
- Onboard and train best in class talent for our restaurant
- Support your unit manager to meet operational goals and budget
- Successfully and consistently communicate team wins, priorities, best practices, and operational changes
- Serve as a role model for high quality, hands on, floor management - including effective deployment of labor to maximize throughput
- Deliver restaurant sales and service times by removing any barriers to success
- Oversee inventory management and food safety to ensure accuracy and efficiency; follow procedures for shelf life and product dating
- Embrace the training and strive for continuous development in the Kitchen and Dining Room to ensure knowledge of all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, and guidelines
Manage Food Safety and Team Member Safety
- Ensure that food safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently by team members
Provide Best in Class Customer Service
- Provide and support the team to provide excellent customer service
The experience you have
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a restaurant supervisor/assistant manager role, either in Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) or full-service restaurant
- Food Handlers License required
- Ability to work a varying schedule including Kitchen Management shifts, Floor Management shifts, nights/weekends/holidays
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Ability to lead and motivate a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
We offer a competitive salary package including equity and 401K. Additionally, we provide multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to meet all of our employees' needs as well as many benefits and perks that are not listed.
Location: Quakertown, PA
Base Salary Range: $52,000
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.