Executive Sous Chef - Culinary Production
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
About the role
We are adding an Executive Sous Chef to our Culinary Production Team based in Cranford, New Jersey
- 3+ year senior level Executive Sous Chef experience in high volume, high standard, Culinary Production or Commissary kitchen.
- AOS Culinary School Graduate or related training.
- Must be a passionate culinarian with a great palette, sense of presentation, efficiencies and productivity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and works well in environment with strict time constraints
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills, performing work accurately and timely
- Must have demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain systems for culinary staff, kitchen assistants and trucking staff
- Ability to effectively train and develop staff and build team morale
- Ability to hold others accountable for following Wonder’s standards and procedures
- Ability to innovate ideas and implement them
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills including delegation skills
- Ability to meet budgets including labor, food and applicable direct operating costs
- Able to work flexible work schedule and travel to our Culinary Production kitchens throughout NJ if needed,
- 10+ years of Sous Chef/ Executive Sous Chef experience, ideal candidate will have multi unit experience
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to mentor, motivate and drive performance and results
- Assist in developing production methodologies to increase efficiency and productivity
- Assist in the budgeting process and accountable for meeting budgets for food, labor, and direct operating expenses.
- Weekly kitchen labor schedules for commissary production and events staff, meeting staffing criteria/guidelines and labor budgets by utilizing forecasting tools
The way you work
- You are passionate about culinary excellence
- You are able to meet work in a fast paced environment and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to interact positively with Stakeholders,, co-workers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach
- You solve problems and make decisions informed by data, insights, and good judgement
- You gain trust through open dialogue, embracing change, and actively seeking feedback
We offer a competitive salary package including equity and 401K. Additionally, we provide multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to meet all of our employees' needs as well as many benefits and perks that are not listed.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.