Real Estate Counsel
Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
About the role
- Manage all legal aspects of leasing and development
- Review, draft and negotiate leases, license agreements, brokerage agreements, construction related agreements (general contractor, engineer, architect, etc.), estoppels and subordination agreements (primarily from the tenant perspective)
- Review diligence, including condo declarations, title reports, real property surveys, environmental reports
- Provide legal advice relating to day-to-day facilities, leasing, zoning and environmental issues
- Manage legal aspects of acquisition and divestiture projects
The experience you have
- JD or LLM
- Member of New York bar in good standing
- 5+ years commercial real estate experience, with title and salary dependent on years of experience, including heavy leasing experience, at a law firm and/or in-house legal department, or ideally, a combination of both
- Experience with leasing (representing tenant), with focus in retail, warehouse and commercial kitchens
- Experience managing complex transactions and juggling conflicting deadlines
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in restaurant/food industry, commercial kitchens, construction, and environmental health and safety matters
The way you work
- Proven ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment as a good-natured team player
- Ability to innovate to resolve complex issues, attain business objectives and create efficiencies
- Strong business judgement and ability and commitment to give timely and practical guidance quickly and effectively
- Eagerness and proven ability to learn new skills and develop new expertise as business needs change
We offer a competitive salary package including equity and 401K. Additionally, we provide multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to meet all of our employees' needs as well as many benefits and perks that are not listed.
Base Salary Range: $231k - $244k
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.