Business License Coordinator
Warby Parker is seeking a Business License Coordinator to support our Tax team. In this position, you’ll own the entire retail fleet’s license compliance to ensure the business can operate legally in every government jurisdiction. These responsibilities include conducting research on the necessary licensing requirements, seeing the entire application process through from start to finish, and assisting all of our store personnel’s requests for licensing support. Sound a lot like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Research and obtain all necessary business licenses for upcoming store openings
- Complete renewal applications, submit them to applicable authorities and follow up with jurisdictions as needed until certificates and licenses are obtained
- Communicate with governmental agencies to rectify delinquent licenses or holds
- Maintain all licensing records and ensure the master license tracker is up to date with the latest information
- Coordinate with store personnel to schedule necessary optical inspections or audits that may arise
- Act as the primary point of contact for business questions or requests related to licensing for internal and external contacts
- Perform other ad hoc duties as needed to support other team initiatives
Who you are:
- Equipped with solid data entry 1+ years experience
- An expert communicator—in person, on the phone, over email, the whole shebang
- Well-versed in Google Suite (i.e., Google Sheets and Google Docs)
- A master time manager who’s highly organized and detail-oriented (spreadsheets make your heart beat)
- A solution-oriented problem-solver who takes initiative
- A respectful, collaborative team player who embodies integrity
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience communicating with government agencies
- Knowledgeable about obtaining retail licenses
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.