Warby Parker is on the lookout for an experienced Art Director with that magic mix of strategic creative thinking skills and hands-on execution chops. In this role, you’ll create immersive, memorable campaigns and experiences across multiple channels, from print to TV to digital. Your taste, humor, imagination, resourcefulness, and commitment will be essential as you work nimbly to lead your team and advance the Warby Parker brand. Sound right up your alley? Read on.
What You’ll Do
- Develop compelling, on-brand creative for internal and external communications that drives both brand awareness and sales
- Concept, design, and deliver seasonal lifestyle and still life campaigns for our collections and collaborations, national TV commercials, and creative assets for other company-wide projects
- Lead art direction, pre- and post- production, and on-set direction for stills and motion (and, with your producer’s help, keep your shoots on track)
- Help lead and shape the evolution of the Warby Parker brand and champion the value of photography and video within and across the company, mentoring the team to produce inspiring, provocative, and disruptive results
- Collaborate across teams with project managers, copywriters, marketers, and business owners
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, keeping creative files organized and accessible to the wider team
- Keep your eyes on consistency across projects and platforms, creating a cohesive experience across all touchpoints
Who You Are
- Backed by 7+ years of art direction experience
- A big-picture thinker who’s also ultra-detail-oriented, with impeccable taste and a portfolio of work that marries concept, photography, art direction, digital, and video storytelling
- Fluent in design, fashion, editorial, film, tech, and retail trends, as well as visual history and classic references—and able to pull from that body of knowledge to ideate, cite visual references, and create beautiful mood boards and mock-ups
- Organized and entrepreneurial, with the drive to refine your projects from concept all the way to completion
- Comfortable adapting to shifting priorities and making careful but efficient decisions in the face of tight deadlines (you’re not afraid to push boundaries, but also mindful of budgets and production realities)
- Super-proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and other standard industry software, and experienced in print production
- Aware of web and mobile technologies, with a conceptual understanding of programming languages, web design, and agile methodology
- A respectful team player who can motivate, mentor, and collaborate with others, who’s at ease presenting ideas to team members at all levels of the company
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Knowledge of video editing and animation software, like AfterEffects or Premiere
- Experience with Jira or a similar project management system
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus and an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.