Manager, FP&A (Corporate)
Warby Parker is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Manager to join our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for forecasting, budgeting, and reporting on business performance and trends, as well as supporting the development of board and investor communication materials. In addition, you’ll be responsible for supporting high-impact cross-functional special projects that improve our business in the short and long term. The right candidate for this role will have the ability to think critically, a strong analytical background translating data to insights, and an operational mindset. You’ll report to our Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and will regularly share insights and analysis with our Chief Financial Officer and the broader leadership team. Sound like a dream gig? Read on:
What you’ll do:
- Provide integral support on key team deliverables, including annual and quarterly budgeting, annual operating and strategic planning, financial re-projections, and both internal and external business reporting
- Manage operating expense and capital budgets across key internal departments like Technology
- Support development of board and management presentations to facilitate discussions and articulate the company’s strategic vision
- Use your financial prowess and Excel expertise to develop and deliver thoughtful reporting to the FP&A team, business partners, and investors
- Lead identification and support for high-impact special projects across the entire organization, collaborating closely with business owners from other departments
- Provide analytical and strategic support for ad hoc analyses (focusing on the why more than the what)
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years in a highly analytical role at a top-tier management consulting firm or investment bank and/or in a financial operating role within a fast-growing retail (preferred) or consumer products company
- An Excel and PowerPoint expert driven by results
- An analytical, creative thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
- A self-starter who’s able to manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently
- An excellent communicator who loves to share findings and actionable insights
- Collaborative and excited to work with many different teams across the company
- Passionate about retail and direct-to-consumer businesses
- A firm believer in Warby Parker’s social mission
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience working in a high-growth consumer-facing operating company
- Experience with Looker or a similar data visualization tool
- Familiarity with cloud-based planning and reporting tools like Oracle EPM and Anaplan
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus and an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.