Manager, FP&A (Retail)
Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Manager FP&A to provide critical business analytics and intelligence to fuel and sustain our growing roster of stores. In this position, you'll create critical analyses and forecasts on key new store metrics for our retail locations across the U.S. and Canada. You’ll partner closely with key stakeholders at the company, including our Real Estate, Retail Operations, and Store Design & Construction teams. You’ll regularly share insights and analysis with our Finance leadership team and executive leadership team. Our ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, collaborative spirit who stays flexible to meet rapid deadlines. Sound like you? Read on:
What you’ll do:
- Develop dynamic financial models and compelling reports that track Retail business metrics and performance on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Provide integral support on key team deliverables, specifically annual budgeting, quarterly projections, and board meeting preparation
- Assess potential new store opportunities by examining market sales trends, preparing pro forma financial projections for new stores, quantifying the expected return on investment, and comparing existing locations with similar characteristics
- Collaborate with our Store Design & Construction teams on the planning and reporting of capital investments and operating expenses associated with the buildout of our stores
- Use your financial prowess and Excel expertise to develop and deliver thoughtful reporting to the FP&A team and other supporting departments
- Provide analytical and strategic support for ad hoc analyses (focusing on the why more than the what)
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years in a highly analytical role at a top-tier management consulting firm or investment bank and/or in a financial operating role within a fast-growing retail (preferred) or consumer products company
- An Excel and PowerPoint expert driven by results
- An analytical, creative thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
- A self-starter who’s able to manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently
- An excellent communicator who loves to share findings and actionable insights
- Collaborative and excited to work with many different teams across the company
- Passionate about retail and direct-to-consumer businesses
- A firm believer in Warby Parker’s social mission
- Experience in real estate and capital planning
- Experience with Looker or a similar data visualization tool
- Familiarity with cloud-based planning and reporting tools like Oracle EPM and Anaplan
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus and an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.