Associate Store Leader - Lexington Ave.
Job Status: Full-Time
Warby Parker is searching for an Associate Store Leader to help drive our retail operations and provide top-notch customer service. We rely on our talented Associate Store Leaders to use their exceptional leadership skills and business savvy to support their team's performance and drive the store's success. In this position, you'll work closely with the Store Leader to build a team of service-minded Managers, Opticians, and Advisors, all while executing processes and procedures that ensure a consistently wonderful Warby Parker experience. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Read on!
What you’ll do
- Embody and communicate Warby Parker’s values and brand philosophy to customers and teammates alike
- Support the Store Leader in efficiently running your location's operations within our ever-growing Retail landscape
- Manage scheduling, time-off, and payroll for all Advisors
- Act as the in-store troubleshooting expert for our point-of-sale system
- Oversee inventory management and processes
- Coach our Systems and Operations team members through skills development and process trainings
- Conduct team members' biannual performance reviews with the Store Leader and Sales Manager
- Implement initial and ongoing learning and development programs for the store team
- Provide the absolute best service to each and every customer
- Continually offer direct feedback and support to your teammates on the sales floor
- Create an inclusive workplace culture by treating all teammates and customers with respect
Who you are
- Backed by 2+ years in a management role at a customer-focused, operationally excellent retailer
- Confident leading a team, selling, overseeing operations, and driving financial performance
- An entrepreneurial spirit who expects the unexpected and takes calculated risks to deliver results
- Successful holding others (and yourself!) accountable and establishing trust among direct reports
- Exceptionally organized and proactive
- A collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An out-of-the-box thinker and resourceful problem-solver when faced with challenges
- Able to create and share a compelling vision that inspires and motivates your team
- Unflappable and positive, reflecting Warby Parker's core values in your behavior and attitude
- A top performer in previous roles
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Leave
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Snack Pantry
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted hourly range is accurate for this role in New York at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications, and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to the hourly rate, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.