Licensed Optician - The Westchester
Job Status: Full-Time
Warby Parker is searching for skilled and enthusiastic Opticians to join our growing team of in-house optical all-stars and play an integral part in what we’re all about—helping people see! In this role, you’ll become an expert in our brand and our glasses (take a peek at how they’re made). Whether you’re helping longtime Warby Parker fans or first-time wearers, you’ll deliver extraordinary customer service to leave them excited and confident about our glasses. Along the way, you’ll partner with motivated, collaborative individuals who take their work (but not themselves) seriously. You’ll also expand your current skill set with a slew of career-advancing resources and benefits. Our ideal candidate is a lifelong learner who’s eager to help Warby Parker grow. Sound a lot like you? Wonderful—read on!
What you'll do:
- Work directly with customers to help meet all of their eyewear needs
- Take and record measurements, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Check that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards, as well as customer requirements and requests
- Use your expertise to explain prescription terminology and product offerings to customers
- Work with your team to make sure all customers receive exceptional service
- Help customers choose the best frames and lenses based on their prescription needs, face fit, personal style, and lifestyle
- Collaborate with your team to form best practices for sales and customer service that can be implemented throughout the organization
- Represent our brand to help educate others and get them excited about our values and mission
Who you are:
- A licensed dispensing optician in states that require a license (or an ABO-certified optician in non-licensing states)
- Passionate about the eyewear and retail industries
- A clear, effective, and professional communicator—you can break down technical terms for customers to easily understand
- Dedicated to going above-and-beyond to make customers (and your teammates!) happy
- An energetic, positive team player who’s able to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Extremely detail-oriented and capable of juggling a wide range of responsibilities
- Open-minded—you’re constantly learning and challenging what you know
- Someone who takes your work very seriously, but not yourself
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Leave
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Snack Pantry
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted hourly range is accurate for this role in New York at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications, and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to the hourly rate, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.