Line Haul CDL Driver
We're changing the game in how people buy and sell used cars. We're not there yet, but we're moving fast and in the right direction and our CDL drivers play a critical part in the value we create for our customers. To us, our drivers are as valuable as our lawyers, accountants, data scientists and customer service colleagues. We're all one connected team at Vroom, with a 'will do' attitude, who support each other to get the job done.
You'll get this...
- Our drivers are home daily.
- Brand new equipment and Automatic trucks.
- Competitive compensation package - (Hourly pay + Eligible for overtime after 40 hours + $1500 Quarterly Safety Bonus.
- Generous time off - 15 Days of PTO, 6 Sick Days, 12 Holidays (including 2 Floating Holidays).
- Medical, dental, and vision plans including an HSA plan with a (S500-S100 annual) company match.
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Employee discount pro- gram on Vroom auto purchases.
- A business that values; service, progress, employees, engagement, and development.
Please bring this...
- Active Class A CDL License.
- 1 Year of Class A CDL Tractor Trailer driving experience within the last 2 years (Minimum Requirement). 2 Years of Class A CDL Tractor Trailer driving experiences within the last 3 years (Preferred).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- A current DOT Medical card.
- A clean driving record with no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years.
- Must pass a DOT Physical, background check, and drug screen.
- Your flexibility to bend, kneel, twist, squat, stand, and climb as required to secure a vehicle Your commitment to being safe 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Your skill to drive a manual transmission.
- Your physical stamina and ability to focus during long driving shifts.
- Your enthusiasm for cars and trucks.
- Your strength to lift to 50 lbs. at a time.
You'll do this...
- Drive and transport vehicles to and from Vroom locations.
- Load, secure and transport vehicles on to a large car hauler.
- Work with minimal supervision while maintaining high energy.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emer- gency equipment is in working order at all times.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions Comply with DOT regulations.
- Report all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to dispatch office immediately; submit written reports on accidents, experiences, or unusual circumstances as required.
- Be comfortable using GPS and other routing systems.
- Other duties as required.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
United Auto Credit Corporation, a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Vroom, is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspectives and contributions. We believe our values of SPEED (Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development) are best realized in an environment, whether physical or virtual, where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
UACC maintains a working environment that encourages mutual respect and promotes harmonious and friendly relationships among employees. The company prohibits any form of employment discrimination or harassment against employees, applicants, or other protected persons in the workplace based on a protected characteristic(s), regardless of who the source is of such conduct. Protected characteristics include race, color, religion, creed, sex (including gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This commitment to antidiscrimination and antiharassment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring.
UACC likewise provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants, employees, or other legally protected individuals in the workplace with a disability to enable them to participate in the job application process, to perform the essential functions of a job, or to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment equal to those of other employees, except if the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. The company also makes reasonable accommodations for religious beliefs and practices.
UACC complies with all applicable federal, state, and/or local laws relating to equal employment.
Other Things to Note
This posting is not intended to provide a comprehensive account of the duties and responsibilities that may be required of this position. Duties and responsibilities may change or be added at any time, with or without notice.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies.