Last Mile Driver
For too long, buying or selling a used car has been a headache and a hassle. But at Vroom, we’re changing the game: our innovative end-to-end ecommerce platform and data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle-buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are. Our success is only possible with the help of our hardworking Vroommates, who drive better customer experiences every day. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team.
Base Pay Range:$38,634.00 - $59,882.00
- Delivering a high-value product to our customers utilizing a Vroom-branded flatbed truck and unload the vehicle at the customers delivery location
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of customer vehicles ensuring the car shines and looks like a brand-new car
- Maintain and service delivery vehicles as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.) while working with our incredible support team
- Serve as a liaison between several departments ensuring that the customer's paperwork is completed and ready for delivery
- Provide enthusiastic customer service and in-person support to the customer
- Become a subject matter expert with features and options of different vehicles to orient customers with their new ride
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills to handle front-line customer issues and questions at the point of delivery. Active listening skills and genuine interest is a must-have
- Show initiative and be adaptable in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company that is transforming the way consumers purchase vehicles
- Partner with Vroom Ambassadors and other Vroom executives and pit crew members (as applicable) who may ride with you to assist with the customer's delivery (e.g., answer questions and set expectations next steps, provide marketing materials)
- Arrive and sign in on time; works hours as scheduled
- Come dress to impress with a Vroom branded uniform
- Operate various types of vehicles, as assigned, safely, in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
- Report all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to dispatch office immediately; submit written reports on accidents, experiences, or unusual circumstances as required
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. at a time
- Be comfortable with local same-day transport
- Be able to utilize digital technology (iPad, etc.) for tracking delivery status and other logistics
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Maintain a DOT Medical card
- 21+ years old
- 2+ years of consumer-facing experience
- Clean driving record with no moving violations in the last 3 years
- Must pass a DOT Physical, background check, and drug screen
- Be skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
- Be alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts
- Be a self-starter who works well independently
- Strong knowledge and enthusiast of cars and trucks a plus
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Please review our
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspectives and contributions. We believe our values of SPEED (Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development) are best realized in an environment, whether physical or virtual, where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom maintains a working environment that encourages mutual respect and promotes harmonious and friendly relationships among employees. The company prohibits any form of employment discrimination or harassment against employees, applicants, or other protected persons in the workplace based on a protected characteristic(s), regardless of who the source is of such conduct. Protected characteristics include race, color, religion, creed, sex (including gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This commitment to antidiscrimination and antiharassment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring.
Vroom likewise provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants, employees, or other legally protected individuals in the workplace with a disability to enable them to participate in the job application process, to perform the essential functions of a job, or to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment equal to those of other employees, except if the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. The company also makes reasonable accommodations for religious beliefs and practices.
Vroom complies with all applicable federal, state, and/or local laws relating to equal employment.
Other Things to Note
This posting is not intended to provide a comprehensive account of the duties and responsibilities that may be required of this position. Duties and responsibilities may change or be added at any time, with or without notice.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies.