Sr Strategy Associate, Pipeline Asset Evaluation
United States · Canada
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Who We Are
Vial is a global tech-driven CRO providing next-generation clinical trial management services. The Vial CRO powers its drug discovery arm, Battery Bio, an AI-powered hyper scalable biotech. Battery Bio harnesses Vial's unique 90% lower cost structure to produce more affordable drug development with efficient, streamlined clinical trials.
Our mission is to reimagine the drug discovery process to empower scientists to cure all human disease. We have assembled a talented team of clinical operators, chemists, and innovative thinkers to achieve this vision.
Vial is a San Francisco, California-based company founded by Simon Burns in October 2020. Since our founding, we have become a fast-growing company of 100+ employees with over $100 million in funding from esteemed investors including General Catalyst, Box Group, and Byers Capital.
Vial is rebuilding the infrastructure to advance research. By deploying technology at every step, we are creating a more efficient future for drug discovery.
We are looking for a Sr Strategy Associate, Pipeline Asset Evaluation. In this role, you will assist with multiple projects at Vial, including helping to set and execute firm level strategy. You will report directly to the Strategy Lead, engage closely with the executive team and have significant autonomy in leading analysis related to selecting key areas of investment for Vial.
- Perform market landscaping analyses for the drug discovery pipelines of various indications
- Review research papers and clinical trial readouts
- Make investment recommendations for drug targets, including a strong biological thesis as to how we can win in the market
- Assist with key strategic and operational tasks for our drug discovery business unit
- Manage end-to-end projects with input from key stakeholders across the drug discovery business unit
- Contribute as a thought partner helping set firm direction, brainstorming and collecting thoughts across the org
- 2-4 years of experience in evaluating therapeutic assets (such as in biotech equity research, VC, search and evaluation roles)
- Post-graduate degree in a scientific field strongly preferred (MS, PhD, PharmD)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to interpret pre-clinical and clinical trial results
- Previous roles in the biotech industry strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset, experience in startup environment preferred
- Deeply analytical, systems thinker, focused on finding scalable solutions
Why You’ll Love Working At Vial
Innate curiosity. At our core, we embody an insatiable curiosity. Our journey into the realm of clinical trials was ignited by a firsthand understanding of the challenges involved. This innate curiosity drives us to constantly innovate, seek fresh ideas, and bring our vision of reimagining clinical trials to life.
Fostering autonomy. Autonomy is our guiding principle. We firmly believe that when team members are entrusted with autonomy, they unleash their true potential. Our culture fosters an environment where each individual takes ownership of their domain, empowering them to make a profound impact.
The pursuit of mastery. We are dedicated to cultivating mastery. We understand the value of honing expertise in a craft. The pursuit of mastery, coupled with a deep sense of pride in one's workmanship, fuels our unwavering commitment to tackle intricate challenges. At Vial, we foster a culture of highly autonomous professionals, each an expert in their field, collaborating on an immensely demanding endeavor together.
Move fast, stay humble. Our strength lies in agility and humility. We firmly believe that intellectual honesty and a nimble mindset are the pillars of success. By staying adaptable and open-minded to all solutions, we tackle obstacles head-on, remaining humble in the face of adversity. This enables us to surmount the hurdles that confront us at every twist and turn.
Benefits (Not applicable to Contract or Temp Positions)
Competitive Equity Compensation
Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
401k or RRSP Plan with Company Matching after first 90 days of employment
One time, Remote Office Setup Stipend
Robust Paid Parental Leave
Remote-First, Flexible Work Schedule