Strategy and Operations Associate
United States · Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Who We Are
Vial is a global tech-driven CRO providing next-generation clinical trial management services. The Vial CRO powers its drug discovery arm, Battery Bio, an AI-powered hyper scalable biotech. Battery Bio harnesses Vial's unique 90% lower cost structure to produce more affordable drug development with efficient, streamlined clinical trials.
Our mission is to reimagine the drug discovery process to empower scientists to cure all human disease. We have assembled a talented team of clinical operators, chemists, and innovative thinkers to achieve this vision.
Vial is a San Francisco, California-based company founded by Simon Burns in October 2020. Since our founding, we have become a fast-growing company of 100+ employees with over $100 million in funding from esteemed investors including General Catalyst, Box Group, and Byers Capital.
Vial is rebuilding the infrastructure to advance research. By deploying technology at every step, we are creating a more efficient future for drug discovery.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Strategy and Operations Associate. In this role, you will lead multiple projects at Vial, including helping to set and execute firm level strategy. You will report directly to the Office of the CEO, engage closely with the executive team and have significant autonomy in leading Strategy and Operations projects.
- Lead key strategic and operational tasks for Vial Battery Bio including core drug development ops, M&A, and investor relations, trial ops, process mapping
- Manage end-to-end projects with input from key stakeholders
- Contribute as a thought partner helping set firm direction, brainstorming and collecting thoughts across the org
What You'll Bring
- 1-3 years of experience in Finance and/or Operations and/or Strategy and/or Analytics
- Experience in Consulting, Investment Banking, or previous S&O/BizOps roles preferred
- Problem solving and analytical skills, including proficiency in and expertise in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets/sheets)
- Combine business context and analytics to take on a problem area and implement a customized solution
- Entrepreneurial mindset, experience in startup environment preferred a plus
- Deeply analytical, systems thinker, focused on finding scalable solutions
Why You’ll Love Working At Vial
Innate curiosity. At our core, we embody an insatiable curiosity. Our journey into the realm of clinical trials was ignited by a firsthand understanding of the challenges involved. This innate curiosity drives us to constantly innovate, seek fresh ideas, and bring our vision of reimagining clinical trials to life.
Fostering autonomy. Autonomy is our guiding principle. We firmly believe that when team members are entrusted with autonomy, they unleash their true potential. Our culture fosters an environment where each individual takes ownership of their domain, empowering them to make a profound impact.
The pursuit of mastery. We are dedicated to cultivating mastery. We understand the value of honing expertise in a craft. The pursuit of mastery, coupled with a deep sense of pride in one's workmanship, fuels our unwavering commitment to tackle intricate challenges. At Vial, we foster a culture of highly autonomous professionals, each an expert in their field, collaborating on an immensely demanding endeavor together.
Move fast, stay humble. Our strength lies in agility and humility. We firmly believe that intellectual honesty and a nimble mindset are the pillars of success. By staying adaptable and open-minded to all solutions, we tackle obstacles head-on, remaining humble in the face of adversity. This enables us to surmount the hurdles that confront us at every twist and turn.
Benefits (Not applicable to Contract or Temp Positions)
Competitive Equity Compensation
Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
401k or RRSP Plan with Company Matching after first 90 days of employment
One time, Remote Office Setup Stipend
Robust Paid Parental Leave
Remote-First, Flexible Work Schedule