Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Who We Are
Vial is a global tech-driven CRO providing next-generation clinical trial management services. The Vial CRO powers its drug discovery arm, Battery Bio, an AI-powered hyper scalable biotech. Battery Bio harnesses Vial's unique 90% lower cost structure to produce more affordable drug development with efficient, streamlined clinical trials.
Our mission is to reimagine the drug discovery process to empower scientists to cure all human disease. We have assembled a talented team of clinical operators, chemists, and innovative thinkers to achieve this vision.
Vial is a San Francisco, California-based company founded by Simon Burns in October 2020. Since our founding, we have become a fast-growing company of 100+ employees with over $100 million in funding from esteemed investors including General Catalyst, Box Group, and Byers Capital.
Vial is rebuilding the infrastructure to advance research. By deploying technology at every step, we are creating a more efficient future for drug discovery.
As an Engineering Manager at Vial, you'll play a crucial role in building end-to-end products that power clinical trials. Working alongside a nimble team, you'll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the industry. We're looking for people who are passionate about technology and excited to bring their expertise to our team. We need individuals who can figure out the best way to get things done, especially when it matters most, and who are ambitious in their pursuit of career growth and success.
- Helping to establish the vision for Vial’s technical architecture and stack
- Helping to lead large projects from idea to launch
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Writing well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code and documentation
- Providing input on roadmap and future plans
- Partnering with our product and business teams to deliver ongoing value to clinics, patients, and pharmaceutical companies through innovative technology solutions
- Continuously improving engineering processes, tools, and systems that allow us to scale the code base and ship impactful features faster
- Staying up to date with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices
Who You Are
- 3 years of engineering lead or EM experience building scalable technology products
- 5 years of experience with full stack engineering (internships, side projects, etc.)
- Experience working with one or more general purpose programming languages (TypeScript, Python, C#, etc)
- Ability to work regular US working hours (East or West Coast)
- History of shipping high quality products and features at scale
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and testing frameworks
- Experience working with databases
- Ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Entrepreneurial mindset, experience in startup environment preferred
- Experience with healthcare or clinical trials is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working At Vial
Innate curiosity. At our core, we embody an insatiable curiosity. Our journey into the realm of clinical trials was ignited by a firsthand understanding of the challenges involved. This innate curiosity drives us to constantly innovate, seek fresh ideas, and bring our vision of reimagining clinical trials to life.
Fostering autonomy. Autonomy is our guiding principle. We firmly believe that when team members are entrusted with autonomy, they unleash their true potential. Our culture fosters an environment where each individual takes ownership of their domain, empowering them to make a profound impact.
The pursuit of mastery. We are dedicated to cultivating mastery. We understand the value of honing expertise in a craft. The pursuit of mastery, coupled with a deep sense of pride in one's workmanship, fuels our unwavering commitment to tackle intricate challenges. At Vial, we foster a culture of highly autonomous professionals, each an expert in their field, collaborating on an immensely demanding endeavor together.
Move fast, stay humble. Our strength lies in agility and humility. We firmly believe that intellectual honesty and a nimble mindset are the pillars of success. By staying adaptable and open-minded to all solutions, we tackle obstacles head-on, remaining humble in the face of adversity. This enables us to surmount the hurdles that confront us at every twist and turn.