Lab Operations Coordinator
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
About Vevo Therapeutics
Vevo Therapeutics is a biotechnology company using its in vivo drug discovery platform and next generation AI models to uncover better drugs for more patients. The company’s Mosaic platform is the first to make in vivo data generation scalable, with single-cell precision, to capture in vivo context of disease at the first step of drug discovery and to better represent patient diversity in drug response over current in vitro assays. Vevo is using Mosaic to build the world’s largest in vivo atlas of how drugs interact with patient cells and training AI models on its data to find novel targets and drugs undetectable by other technologies.
As a Lab Operations Coordinator/ Specialist at Vevo, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our laboratory facilities. You will be responsible for overseeing various aspects of lab operations, including equipment maintenance, inventory management, safety compliance, and overall lab organization. This position is critical to maintaining a productive and safe working environment for our scientific team.
- Monitor and manage laboratory supplies and consumables inventory to support ongoing experiments, while anticipating the needs of the lab.
- Place orders for lab materials, chemicals, and equipment as needed. Gather quotes from vendors, flag discrepancies, liaise between vendors and team.
- Manage the reception and inventory of laboratory supplies, ensuring accurate tracking and organization of incoming deliveries within the onsite lab and offsite warehouses.
- Implement efficient lab layouts and storage solutions. Maintain cleanliness and organization within the lab spaces.
- Enforce safety protocols and best practices to maintain a safe working environment. Organize safety training sessions for laboratory personnel.
- Oversee the disposal of lab waste materials, and coordinate with the facility's site manager for compliant and efficient disposal procedures.
- Coordinate repairs and service requests with external vendors. Perform regular maintenance, calibration, and record-keeping for laboratory equipment.
- Collaborate with research team to understand their specific needs and provide support.
- Schedule meetings, coordinate team lunches, and attain to onsite operational needs as required.
- Experience working in a relevant scientific field or equivalent experience (Previous experience in lab operations or a related role is preferred). Familiarity with laboratory equipment and safety protocols.
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Valid driver's license with means to drive to and from off-site warehouse and store overflow lab supplies.
- Applicants with a vehicle are preferred
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO).
- HMO Kaiser Platinum and PPO Anthem Gold medical as well as vision and dental plans for both the employee and dependents.
Vevo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.