Senior Data Scientist, (Customer/Client)
Veho is the post-purchase experience company that unlocks the potential of everyday consumers and brands to fully participate in e-commerce. Building an entirely new end-to-end logistics infrastructure, powered by the latest technology and designed for the modern era of shopping, Veho is reinventing shipping, and all parts of the post-purchase experience as we know it. By removing the pain from delivery and returns, Veho is creating powerful opportunities for brands to engage and build deep loyalty with their customers like never before.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be directly embedded in a team of talented engineers to help define, build, and operate sophisticated models to answer hard questions centered around improving our client and user experiences. You’ll partner with product managers to understand high-value business problems, build systems that inform daily operations, and work with cutting-edge technology.
- Understanding business context and gathering requirements
- Proactively identify the most impactful opportunities to shape product roadmaps whithin the consumer and client space
- Building reliable, efficient, and scalable models for our AI/ML capabilities
- Creating robust data and automation pipelines to effectively generate insights and trends
- Ensuring data quality and data integrity through best practices in data integration
- Analyze and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of models in production systems
- Help design consumer or client experiments to quantify the value of unique Veho services
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 years of experience in data science or data engineering, or Master’s Degree plus 2 years in data science
- Experience using statistical modeling or machine learning techniques to solve business problems
- Strong SQL and Python skills
- Experience building consumer or client facing sales tools that leverage analytics/machine learning
- Experience designing and running experiments
- At least 2 years of experience with open source languages and tooling used for large-scale data analytics like Python, numpy, and/or distributed data processing systems like spark
- At least 2 years of experience with analytical relational databases like Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- At least 2 years of experience working with cloud-based data engineering and data science tools.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.