Category Manager, IT, Remote
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
About The Role
You will work directly with IT, Engineering, Security, Legal and Finance across the organization to shape our IT spend portfolio, by developing a category strategy, championing the end-to-end procurement process, and executing cross-functionally to meet business and financial targets. This role will report directly to the Director of Procurement.
- Develop category strategy for IT Procurement (focused predominantly on Software & Hosting) by evaluating current spend portfolio, as well as, future business needs.
- Identify a pipeline of savings opportunities, both short and long-term, and drive implementation cross-functionally.
- Champion the procurement end-to-end process, from understanding the business need to market evaluation, vendor selection, contracting and security documentation, approvals, and vendor management.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with business partners in IT and Engineering, becoming a trusted advisor, not only in Procurement processes, but sharing knowledge of the IT industry/marketplace.
- Partner with Legal and Security functions to ensure best practices in contract management & vendor risk management, respectively.
- Enable the business to meet financial targets and ensure compliance to the purchasing and payment processes.
- Execute Request For “X” (X: Information, Proposal, Quotation) events and negotiate high impact contracts on behalf of business, taking into account Total Cost of Ownership and ensuring optimal cost and service levels for the business.
- Serve as subject matter expert in IT Procurement, maintaining industry knowledge, identifying trends, and benchmarking key vendors.
What You Bring
- BS in business, finance, IT or other related field is required, MBA is preferred
- 4+ experience in Procurement or related field, preferably in high growth & dynamic environment
- 3+ experience specifically in IT Procurement required
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT industry and experience with industry-leading suppliers
- Proven track record of strategy development and execution to targets
- Demonstrated deployment of Procurement best practices and methodologiesExceptional influencing and relationship-building skills both internally and externally
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- Independent working style, ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of procurement best practices and methodology
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
Something looks off?