Senior Director, Support
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
About The Role
The world-class support we provide to clients, customers, and driver partners are at the heart of the Veho experience. This senior leadership role will lead our Delivery Support function that directly impacts our ability to deliver on our 99.9% on-time performance and 4.9/5 customer satisfaction. You will achieve this through ensuring high-quality, emotionally intelligent, and hyper-efficient support, and continuing to build and motivate a team of leaders and frontline teammates who empathize with the challenges our community may face. This role requires a star leader who can constantly elevate the level of experience we provide, understand Veho’s operations and adapt to our evolving business, and solve problems in a way that turns our community members into passionate evangelists.
You will be responsible for evolving our Delivery Support strategy and leading a team dedicated to providing the highest levels of experience and support to our clients, customers, driver partners, and other community members we serve. You will be a passionate voice of the community and collaborate with other business leaders to drive defect elimination prioritized by the largest community pain points. You will put our community members at the center of the experiences we deliver, while always ensuring the well-being, engagement, and development of your teammates.
What you'll do:
- Create and maintain an operational philosophy that drives a relentless focus on defect elimination, provides helpful, intuitive, and smart self-help and automation services, and delivers an efficient and optimized human interaction with bar-raising quality, efficiency, and cost
- Own the development and execution of the support strategy, including client, customer, and driver partner relationship management, and our trust and safety initiative
- Manage potential vendor procurement activities, due diligence, location selection, commercial terms and negotiation, incentive models, risk and compliance protocols, service delivery, and relationship management
- Continue to refine the analytics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) used to evaluate Support (both holistically and at the individual level) and establish team goals and priorities
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure Support operations achieve or exceed organizational goals and provide solutions that work in concert with other teams’ efforts
- Provide thought leadership, mentorship, and coaching to help develop and grow the next generation of leaders across Veho. Contribute to the growth, improvement, and innovation of Support
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, or a related field
- 12+ years of business leadership experience, with progressively more senior leadership roles
- Strong empathetic leadership skills, with demonstrated success in hiring, developing, and promoting top talent, building a culture that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, and having an unapologetic focus on employee well-being and engagement
- 6+ years of experience in strategic planning and direct management of large-scale contact center operations in a mixed internal/outsourced, virtual/physical, and hourly/salary environment
- Extensive experience with a variety of support delivery models in comparable company operating models.
- Relentless focus on improving the community experience
- Strong experience directly managing operations with accountability for frontline teams and operational KPIs
- Strong analytical capabilities with a passion for leveraging data to help inform decisions
- Excellent judgment and high standards for results
- Deep strategic thinking with the ability to stay on top of tactical execution
- Passion for invention; expect and require innovation from the team(s)
- Comfort working at the senior executive level with proven ability to influence and drive consensus across a complex stakeholder network
Location and Travel: Based anywhere in the United States. Minimal travel initially, increasing to 30% travel with both domestic and international components.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
Something looks off?