Varda Space Industries
There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
Varda Space Industries is looking for highly motivated Lab Technician to join the product team. We are looking for creative candidates who will contribute to development efforts in improving pharmaceuticals with microgravity. This is an opportunity in an exciting area of growth for Varda. The role will shape Varda’s product culture, and will play a significant role in establishing the low earth orbit economy.
This position requires strong overall technical skills, excellent customer service, and great organizational management. The candidate should be a self-starter, self-motivator, and possess ingenuity to work in this novel environment.
- Work with lab personnel to support pharmaceutical development activities
- Preparing and analyzing samples
- Accurately entering and reporting analytical data using established procedures
- Performing general lab maintenance and setup and monitor experimental equipment
- Communicating experimental and equipment status to stakeholders
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on deadlines and constraints
- No laboratory experience is needed; however, applicants with laboratory experience or a Bachelor's in a related discipline are preferred
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical operations and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related scientific discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a laboratory or manufacturing environment
- Strong collaboration skills - ability to work and communicate with a diverse team
- Proficiency in conducting lab-work in pharmaceutical sciences
- Working experience of analytical tools, such as XRPD, HPLC, DSC, Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM), Raman, FTIR
- Must be physically able to regularly lift 25 lbs. for duties such as delivering computers, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, etc.
- Salary range: $45,000-$75,000
- This role is on-site in El Segundo, CA
- Leveling and base salary is determined by job-related skills, education level, experience level, and job performance
- You will be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of stock options and/or long-term cash awards
- Offer compensation also includes the ability to purchase company stock through the Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA - an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup with potential for significant growth
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance, including Vision and Dental
- Lunch and snacks provided on site every day. Dinners provided twice a week.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.