Human Resources Internship (Fall 2023)
Varda Space Industries
There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
Varda is providing internships in Human Resources! Internships are full or part time (minimum 20 hours) and on-site in El Segundo, CA.
Internships at Varda are optimal for students looking to grow technically and professionally while working on impactful projects critical to the company’s success. You will be working on a collaborative team in a startup environment while being able to learn from some of most accomplished and experienced aerospace professionals in the world. We’re dedicated to providing an experience that will let your decisions and contributions help drive Varda’s success.
Human Resources Intern Responsibilities
You will responsible for performing administrative tasks and supporting daily activities. They assist in updating employee records, performance reviews and gaining exposure to various HR functions like payroll, recruitment, and employee development. This role provides an opportunity for individuals to gain practical experience and insights into HR operations.
- Prepare and review new hire and benefits packages
- Administer health and life insurance billings
- Coordinate and plan training and performance reviews sessions
- Update employee records with new hire information and/or changes in employment status
- Work closely with HR Manager in development and implement HR policies
- Work closely with HR Manager in implementing new projects, such as 401k, HRIS, and Annual Open Enrollment activities.
- Pursuing an Associates or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Communication, Business, Human Resources or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to solve creative problems
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-moving environment
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Previous internship or co-op experience
- Familiarity with HRIS systems
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA - an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup with potential for significant growth
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance, including Vision and Dental
- Lunch and snacks provided on site every day. Dinners provided twice a week.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.