The environment of space hold the potential to craft products that profoundly enhance life on Earth. Varda is at the forefront of this endeavor, harnessing the unique environment of low earth orbit to produce these innovations and reintroduce them to our world. Our mission transcends mere exploration; we're expanding the economic horizons of humanity.
At Varda, you'll be positioned at the nexus of ambition and expertise. Our seasoned team, with its rich legacy in aerospace and technology, has honed its skills in the corridors of industry giants. Here, your contributions will be both cherished and critiqued by leaders who, with a wealth of experience behind them, are now devoted to the realm of extraterrestrial manufacturing.
While our aspirations soar high, our path is grounded in technical pragmatism and operational viability. Our conceptual operations are crystalline material processing and reentry, backed by years of research and development anchored in the International Space Station's, and commercial space sectors expansive achievements.
Join Varda, and work to finally create a bustling in-space ecosystem.
About This Role
Varda Space Industries is looking for highly motivated Hospitality Lead to join the operations team. We are looking for creative candidates who will contribute to the efficiency and operational tasks within the company. This is an opportunity in an exciting area of growth and ownership within the real of hospitality for Varda. The role will shape Varda’s day to day and employee experience!
This position requires excellent customer service, great organizational management, and clear communication. The candidate should be a self-starter, self-motivator, and possess ingenuity to work in this novel environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at Varda
- Manage, monitor janitorial staff schedules and day to day responsibilities
- Work with Operations leadership to plan and execute food services operations
- Monitor quality and consistency of food products at point of service
- Monitor cleaning of service equipment and dining areas
- Facilitate effective communication of team or operation needs between janitorial staff and leadership
- Support hiring and training of all janitorial roles and responsibilities
- Enforce proper food safety practices with staff
- Support ongoing staff development
- 5+ years of relevant experience in hospitality field
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Clear written and verbal communication
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Forklift operation is a plus
- Salary range: $25-$28 an hour
- This role is on-site in El Segundo, CA
- Leveling and base salary is determined by job-related skills, education level, experience level, and job performance
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA - an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup with potential for significant growth
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance, including Vision and Dental
- Lunch and snacks provided on site every day. Dinners provided twice a week.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Varda Space Industries, Inc. participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
E-Verify Notice Right To Work Notice