Director of Marketing & Communications
The environment of space hold the potential to craft products that profoundly enhance life on Earth. Varda is at the forefront of this endeavor, harnessing the unique environment of low earth orbit to produce these innovations and reintroduce them to our world. Our mission transcends mere exploration; we're expanding the economic horizons of humanity.
At Varda, you'll be positioned at the nexus of ambition and expertise. Our seasoned team, with its rich legacy in aerospace and technology, has honed its skills in the corridors of industry giants. Here, your contributions will be both cherished and critiqued by leaders who, with a wealth of experience behind them, are now devoted to the realm of extraterrestrial manufacturing.
While our aspirations soar high, our path is grounded in technical pragmatism and operational viability. Our conceptual operations are crystalline material processing and reentry, backed by years of research and development anchored in the International Space Station's, and commercial space sectors expansive achievements.
Join Varda, and work to finally create a bustling in-space ecosystem.
About This Role
Varda is seeking a dynamic, self-driven individual for the position of Marketing & Communications Director. As a the first member of our team in this role you will helm the creation and execution of comprehensive marketing and communication strategies. This includes internal and external marketing to a diverse set of customers across the pharmaceutical, space, and defense communities, as well as product marketing for our near term product launches. Collaborating closely with internal stakeholders and executives, the ideal candidate should be a visionary strategist, an adept communicator, and thrive in a high-velocity, dynamic setting where every challenge is an opportunity and every detail is pivotal.
- Develop and steer Varda’s marketing and communication strategies to champion both immediate initiatives and long-term visions.
- Be the primary point of contact for communications with external journalists, and diverse industry customers.
- Design persuasive marketing and communication materials to amplify our ventures and cement our standing as an industry vanguard.
- Offer decisive marketing guidance and public relations support to all internal departments.
- Equip Varda leaders for speaking engagements, product launches, and other PR endeavors.
- Direct efficacious marketing and communication campaigns in tandem with strategic directives and during crisis management.
- 5+ years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- 2+ years of experience formulating marketing and communications strategies in the pharmaceutical, space, defense, or related industries.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Stellar verbal, interpersonal, and written communication talents.
- Demonstrable expertise in drafting content for diverse audiences and in times of crisis.
- Mastery in strategic and analytical thinking, decision-making, negotiation, and fostering relationships.
- Capacity to comprehend and distill complex subjects.
- Robust project management acumen.
- Highly methodical, meticulous, and can consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in social media strategies and implementation.
- Proven track record in a dynamic, outcome-driven team setting.
- Salary range: $120,000 - $160,000
- This role is on-site in El Segundo, CA
- Leveling and base salary is determined by job-related skills, education level, experience level, and job performance
- You will be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of stock options and/or long-term cash awards
- Offer compensation also includes the ability to purchase company stock through the Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA - an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup with potential for significant growth
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance, including Vision and Dental
- Lunch and snacks provided on site every day. Dinners provided twice a week.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Varda Space Industries, Inc. participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
E-Verify Notice Right To Work Notice