About the role
The Mission Strategist will build senior advocacy by scoping and delivering high mission impact outcomes. You'll define and iterate on the scope of mission problems we’re targeting with a DoD group. Define and iterate on Vannevar’s solution to these problems using our products, your creativity, and your influence on engineering and product teams where needed.
What you'll do
- Scope mission problems for your deployments that Vannevar can impact and our senior advocates are excited about; creatively iterate on your hypothesis until you’ve gotten to the right problem.
- Impact the missions you’ve scoped by using our products + DoD tools + your creativity and influence with product and engineering.
- Work to end to end solve the missions with what you can creatively get access to.
- Embed and partner with the user group while collaborating with product and engineering teams to create workflows that excites your user group's senior advocates.
- Create highly tailored mission-focused demos and mission wins that excites your user group's senior advocates.
What we're looking for
- A track record of creatively scoping ambiguous problems in a DoD or private sector customer-focused context with the ability to generate strong hypotheses when faced with ambiguity.
- Grit and creativity to keep going when faced with a roadblock.
- Success in working problems to conclusion and trying different approaches until one works.
- Ability to work autonomously and set your own goals; adept at creatively adjusting your goals / strategy as you learn new information.
- Ability to quickly learn new software products to generate outcomes.
- Demonstrated bias towards achieving an outcome even if it requires helping or doing the job of someone else on another team
- Prior DoD or IC experience.
- Low ego.
- Experience helping to iterate on a product with product design, product management and/or engineering teams would be nice to have
- Active TS / SCI clearance would be nice to have
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $150,000-$170,000 + equity + 401K match. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, relevant education, and/or training.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
- 401k matching
- Mental benefits
- Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
- Pet and child care reimbursement during travel
- Unlimited PTO