About the role
We're looking for our first controller to help us bring order to chaos. You are ambitious and thrive in a fast-paced and quickly evolving environment, but are also detailed, process oriented, and organized. You are strategic. You’re focused on where we’re going and build the plans and processes to support our goals. You are analytically rigorous. You have a deep bias towards using data and analyses to drive decisions. Your second language is performance metrics and you have a deep understanding of how to continue improving those metrics. You’re excited to iterate. At this point we’re still learning. You’re energized by the prospect of creating new tools and processes to make the company operate more effectively, and not afraid to make changes when the first, or second, attempt can be improved.
What you'll do
- Oversee all accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Prepare required internal financial reporting to include the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow reports and other company specific reporting.
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and reliability of financials, financial analysis, and key performance metrics to be made available internally and to investors.
- Work with independent auditors during audits, as well as assisting tax accountants in obtaining all information necessary for filing tax returns.
- Manage the company’s cash flow, ensuring sufficient funds are available to meet operational needs.
- Implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Provide on-going review of accounting systems and processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Support the Head of Finance in communications with Investors and other key internal and external stakeholders.
What we're looking for
- CPA, bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of experience (SaaS accounting experience preferred)
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Experience in a high-growth start-up (preferred)
- Experience working with and implementing accounting systems and/or ERP tooling
- Experience building and managing teams
- U.S. Person status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems with the ability to obtain security clearance
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $140,000-$180,000 + equity + 401K match. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, relevant education, and/or training.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
- 401k matching
- Mental benefits
- Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
- Pet and child care reimbursement during travel
- Unlimited PTO