Senior Business Operations
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Vannevar Labs builds next generation defense software for the public servants keeping our country safe. As a team, we exist because we believe in public service, and we think that our democracy and government improve only if we put serious, collective effort into improving them, including the technology our government uses.
This mission has become urgent. Ukraine is engaged in a war for survival with Russia. China regularly flies nuclear-capable bombers into Taiwan and Japan’s airspace. The US and our allies are fighting a war of deterrence with woefully outdated technology. We build software to support these missions, including providing battlefield information to allies, identifying malign activity, and helping the US deter and deescalate conflict.
We are a profitable growth startup with some of the best defense investors in the world, including General Catalyst, DFJ Growth, Point72, and enterprise tech investors Costanoa and Felicis.
About the role
Over the last 24 months, we’ve experienced significant growth; >10xing revenue and ~3xing our customer base. We raised >$90M of venture capital and became profitable. We expect that growth to continue, and the Business Operations Lead job is critical on that journey. You will work closely with leaders to drive top-priority initiatives across all facets of the business. You will need to context switch across multiple parallel projects, build relationships across all teams, and help keep the business moving forward as necessary. You possess a unique blend of ambition and meticulous attention to detail, coupled with a strong orientation towards processes and organization tied to the growth of the business.Your approach to work is characterized by a strong bias for action. When you identify an opportunity, you don't just stop at ideation; you are adept at creating actionable plans and driving them to fruition. Analytical rigor underpins your decision-making process - you are fluent in the language of data and metrics, using them as a cornerstone to drive business decisions and continuously improve our operational metrics. This role is pivotal in shaping how our company grows during a critical time.
What you'll do
- Design and implement mission-critical cross-functional projects including:
- Strategic Finance – generate quantitative and qualitative insights across all facets of the business; from headcount planning to pricing.
- People ops / recruiting – create the operational infrastructure needed for an efficient and effective end-to-end recruitment process, from initial interaction through onboarding.
- Marketing – help define and implement our candidate marketing and external branding strategy
- Other special projects working in partnership with the head of finance and business unit leaders, including revenue forecasting, talent reporting, and defense specific operations problems.
What we're looking for
- Experience at a top consulting firm, bank, or growing start-up
- Experience leading projects where you mapped complex systems, gathered and analyzed data, made recommendations, and helped design and implement solutions.
- You're a kind and thoughtful colleague who knows how to shape a great team culture, persuasively advocate for your ideas, and get buy-in from others.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to Vannevar Lab's mission
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
- 401k matching
- Mental benefits
- Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
- Pet and child care reimbursement during travel
- Unlimited PTO
The salary range for this position is $120,000 - $180,000 + equity + 401K match. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, relevant education, and/or training.
Vannevar Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't feel like you're a perfect fit. If you're passionate about contributing to our mission, we'd love to hear from you!