Deployed Software Engineer
Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Vannevar Labs builds next generation defense software for the public servants keeping our country safe. As a team, we exist because we believe in public service, and we think that our democracy and government improve only if we put serious, collective effort into improving them, including the technology our government uses.
This mission has become urgent. Ukraine is engaged in a war for survival with Russia. China regularly flies nuclear-capable bombers into Taiwan and Japan’s airspace. The US and our allies are fighting a war of deterrence with woefully outdated technology.
We build software to support these missions, including providing battlefield information to allies, identifying malign activity, and helping the US deter and deescalate conflict.
We are a profitable growth startup with some of the best defense investors in the world, including General Catalyst, DFJ Growth, Point72, and enterprise tech investors Costanoa and Felicis.
Deployed Software Engineer
Deployed Software Engineers build, integrate, and extend Vannevar’s software to deliver mission-critical capabilities to our partners. You will work on a cross-functional team directly supporting members of our national security. You will embed deeply with our customers, with the goal of doing whatever (engineering) it takes to make the customer mission successful.
Your job includes everything from frequently meeting with customers who serve on the front lines of strategic competition to scoping and implementing software. You will work closely with end users, other engineers, and former military officers to deliver game changing capabilities into the hands of those who serve our nation.
What You'll Do
- Partner with end users, deeply understand their mission, and turn their needs into features and products that will enable the customer’s mission
- Own the delivery and integration of Vannevar software for customers
- Collaborate across interdisciplinary teams to plan, build, and deliver complex software features
- Spend up to 3days a week with end users onsite in Tampa, FL (rest of the time you will work from home)
Qualifications (Must haves)
- 1+ year of industry experience building software
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience building and owning features end-to-end
- Must hold an active U.S. TS security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Based in Tampa, FL, or willing to relocate - you will need to go onsite with customers a few days a week (when not onsite, you will work from home)
Additional Qualifications (Nice to haves)
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platform
- Experience with at least one relational or NoSQL database
- Experience with data science, machine learning, and/or data visualization
The Salary range for this role is $125,000- $165,000. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, relevant education, and/or training. Relocation assistance available
What We Offer:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
Mental health benefits
Pet care reimbursement during travel
Vannevar Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't feel like you're a perfect fit. If you're passionate about contributing to our mission, we'd love to hear from you!