Mission Success Lead - Tampa
Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Vannevar Labs builds next generation defense software for the public servants keeping our country safe. As a team, we exist because we believe in public service, and we think that our democracy and government improve only if we put serious, collective effort into improving them, including the technology our government uses.
This mission has become urgent. Ukraine is engaged in a war for survival with Russia. China regularly flies nuclear-capable bombers into Taiwan and Japan’s airspace. The US and our allies are fighting a war of deterrence with woefully outdated technology.
We build software to support these missions, including providing battlefield information to allies, identifying malign activity, and helping the US deter and deescalate conflict.
We are a profitable growth startup with some of the best defense investors in the world, including General Catalyst, DFJ Growth, Point72, and enterprise tech investors Costanoa and Felicis.
- Create value and drive deployment expansion. It takes time (multiple years) to develop deployments and capabilities into programs of record. In the meantime, we need to ensure we are working with our customers to expand our deployments to deliver additional mission value. You will own the expansion process within existing customer footprints, while simultaneously working with growth-team members to mold our deployments into programs of record.
- Own mission engagements. You will partner with mission groups that need our technology, understand their challenges, and drive deployments of our software in support of their mission.
- Embed with our partners. You will work side by side with our partners to ensure successful deployment and mission impact.
- Represent the end user. You will develop mission domain knowledge and use this knowledge to work with our engineering team to build great products that solve critical problems for our partners.
What you'll do
- Own the delivery of capabilities outlined within contracted periods of performances (POPs); whether it be a 6-month pilot, 12-month period of performance, or multi-year program of record.
- Go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations, and over-deliver to the point where continuing to partner with us is a no-brainer.
- Deeply understand the mission sets and pain points of our users so that we can tackle their challenges using a combination of Vannevar’s capabilities.
- Go to where the users are. To best understand how Vannevar can provide value, we need to sit in the same spaces as our users.
- Help us build world-class software. While product and engineering teams speak with customers directly, mission success is often our eyes and ears for on-the-ground reality. You will bring this expertise back to the rest of the company to ensure we are developing disruptive capabilities for our user base.
- Direct resources as needed, whether that be onsite embedded personnel, product managers, engineers or other mission personnel. You will need to be able to influence cross-team members to direct the appropriate resources to customer objectives.
Who you are
- A motivated problem solver who takes ownership, acts with urgency, and is comfortable with ambiguity. You like a challenge, and you don’t quit.
- A mission domain expert with mission user experience, intelligence domain knowledge, or military service. You understand our partners' needs and challenges because you lived them.
- At least 2 years deploying SaaS software.
- Previous experience owning customer renewal and expansion cycles
- U.S. Person status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems.
- Must have an active Top Secret Security Clearance or have held one previously. Ability to receive an SCI nomination is required.
What We Offer:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
Mental health benefits
Pet care reimbursement during travel
Vannevar Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't feel like you're a perfect fit. If you're passionate about contributing to our mission, we'd love to hear from you!