Senior Product Manager, Card Issuing and Processing
We created Upside to transform brick-and-mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick-and-mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cashback than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick-and-mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and important sustainability initiatives.
Meet the Product Management team:
Our Product team at Upside is composed of motivated individuals with a diverse set of experiences, all working diligently to ensure that our product delivers as much value as possible for our merchants and consumers. Whether partnering with Engineering, Design, Marketing, or Sales, we’re committed to taking an experiment-led approach to guarantee that data drives decisions.
About the job:
Upside has recently embarked on a journey to transform how our Merchants realize the value our Users bring to their locations by building out new Payments capabilities. We are seeking a passionate Senior Product Manager, Card issuing and Processing to join our payments team! As a member of the payments team, you will spearhead the development and execution of our card product and features, ensuring they exceed customer needs, stay competitive, comply with payment industry regulations, and launch successfully to meet performance goals.
We are in search of a highly motivated individual with a fervor for payments, robust problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to continuous learning and enhancement. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of issuing processing.
What you'll do:
- Leverage your card issuing and processing industry experience to plan, implement and launch new card product, and support card growth tactics
- Conduct in-depth market research and user analysis to identify opportunities for new card products and features.
- Lead the development process from ideation to launch, including requirement gathering, technical specifications, user testing, and launch strategy.
- You will facilitate alignment across large groups of stakeholders and drive product strategy for the Credit Card product line
- Work closely with engineering and design teams to ensure products are built to meet user needs, technical feasibility, and security standards.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to develop go-to-market strategies and drive product adoption amongst various customer segments.
- Partner with operations and risk teams to ensure smooth implementation and ongoing operational efficiency.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and track product performance to measure success, identify areas for improvement, and optimize product offerings.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and trends in the card issuing and processing landscape.
- Skillfully prioritize and strike a balance between user experience, retailer experience, and platform performance and protection within the ecosystem.
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience working in payments or fintech
- Built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Proven track record of successfully launching and managing card products in a competitive environment.
- Deep understanding of the card issuing and processing ecosystem, including regulations, compliance requirements, and operational complexities.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, positive relationships
- Experience working with complex or highly regulated products, especially those that depend on external partners to deliver the desired features
- Ability to drive significant outcomes in a fast-paced environment
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, sales, marketing, operations, and data scientists to deliver outstanding products
- BA/BS degree
The fine print:
- Location: This is a hybrid role and required to work from one of our DC, Austin, Chicago, New York City, or San Francisco offices 2 days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!