Senior Mobile Engineer, Kotlin
We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Hive:
The consumer hive is a group of mobile developers and full stack engineers committed to building the Upside app. We have four teams within our hive, each with a deep focus on a swath of the app's feature set.
About the job:
The Senior Mobile Engineer II will help build our top-20-rated app with millions of active users. You will be part of an agile team and an active participant in shaping the features and processes we use to deliver. You’ll work with other mobile app developers and our back-end team to imagine, build, and deliver new features intended to improve retention, drive deep engagement, and ease transaction flow for consumers.
What you’ll do:
- Work across multiple teams of mobile developers and interact closely with our Product, Design, Analytics, Architecture, and Research teams
- Help continue to shape our mobile experience, ensuring the best performance and user experience
- Build and support our consumer mobile apps to delight our millions of users
- Proactively identify challenges in the development process to reduce developer friction
- Participate in architecture discussions and contribute to improving the foundation of our mobile platform
What you need:
- 5+ years of software engineering and high proficiency in Kotlin and Android
- Advanced debugging skills and ability to solve complex issues encountered when building mobile apps
- Experience building rich UI utilizing Jetpack Compose
- Familiarity developing with Kotlin Multiplatform and integrating with third-party libraries.
- Seasoned technical leader with a propensity for improving quality and observability
- Ability to work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and drive technical decisions forward
- Willingness to learn, adapt, fail, and grow (professional growth mindset)
- Exceptional customer service and people skills
Our technology stack includes:
- Kotlin Multiplatform
- Jetpack Compose, XML, SwiftUI, UIKit
- Google Maps SDK
- Coroutines, MVI
- Dependency Injection
The fine print:
- Location: This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!