We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Brand and Design teams:
Our Brand team is focused on building a cohesive narrative that tells our audience why Upside exists and matters. On the other hand, our Design team brings that promise to life through simple and impactful experiences for both sides of our marketplace. Our Brand and Design teams partner with marketing and product in order to account for the entire experience and long-term engagement that Upside is creating across all of our touchpoints.
About the job:
The Brand Designer will help bring Upside's creative vision to life while adhering to our overall design philosophy. This role will deliver a wide range of visual projects, and collaborate with peer designers, copywriters, marketers, and product managers to build best-in-class assets. We’re looking for a Brand Designer who understands the big picture while simultaneously delivering and elevating Upside's creative footprint across all media.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Design and Brand teams to translate strategic positioning and insights and turn them into exceptional design and visual solutions
- Conceptualize, compose, edit, and meticulously evaluate marketing and brand material
- Execute design support for our entire brand experience across all channels including but not limited to: TV and video spots, OOH (out-of-home) units, digital, social media, email, web, infographics, thought leadership pieces and case studies
- Contribute to design mockups using Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and other tools, showcasing your ability to craft high-quality solutions
- Engage in exploratory initiatives, iterate based on feedback, and drive outcomes while maintaining momentum
What you need:
- 2+ years of experience in advertising, creative agency, or an in-house design studio
- Outstanding design skills across a broad range of media: brand campaigns, TV, display, print, OOH, landing pages, email marketing, websites, digital campaigns, etc.
- A robust portfolio that demonstrates experience and contributions in brand, integrated & 360 campaigns, and design systems
- A human-centered approach to design, rooted in empathy for users and internal collaborators
- Demonstrated ability to back decisions with data-driven insights and research
- A passion for collaboration and teamwork to find solutions to creative and design challenges
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role and required to work from our San Francisco office 3 days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us.