Senior Software Engineer I
We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Consumer team:
The Consumer team at Upside is a close-knit group of hardworking, fast-learning engineers that believe in our mission to help communities thrive. We debate and deliberate on the best ideas to improve our tech stack, and strive for an inclusive atmosphere that champions the psychological wellness of all of our teammates.
About the job:
The Senior Software Engineer I will design and ship software in a collaborative team environment. You will build relationships with stakeholders across the company, iterate quickly to respond to business needs, and communicate effectively. This is an individual contributor role that will implement the engine of Upside’s platform.
What you’ll do:
- Work on a team of up to 5-6 engineers + a product manager on our larger projects and sometimes individually on smaller, bite-sized improvements
- Ship software with high quality, being mindful of maintainability, testability, security, performance, and monitoring
- Build out new functionality to facilitate payments processing that integrates with our existing software ecosystem
- Occasionally lead projects from ‘design to done’
- Collaborate with the team to improve process through agile methodologies
- Monitor and support live systems in a rotation with the rest of your team
What you need:
- 4+ years of software engineering within a collaborative and agile environment
- Proficiency in Python or Java and knowledge of AWS and distributed systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Willingness to learn, adapt, fail and grow (professional growth mindset)
- Ability to design, document, and communicate technical architecture
Our technology stack includes:
- AWS (e.g. Lambda, DynamoDB)
- GitHub Actions
The fine print:
- Location: This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!