Senior Accountant I
We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Accounting team:
As we expand our product offering and tackle a broader swath of customers and verticals, we're adding to our Accounting team with smart, hungry, and curious people - that’s where you come in!
About the job:
As a key member of the Accounting team, you'll be an integral part of the team, performing various G/L activities including month-end close, reconciliations, and expense management. The role works closely with all functional areas to provide operational support and requires significant collaboration and communication skills.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare journal entries for appropriate adjustments to balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Preparation of accruals for month-end close.
- Maintain reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain expense reporting system.
- Oversee the vendor invoice submission and approval process
- Tactical involvement in supporting the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury functions.
- Collaborate closely with co-workers and management across the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What you need:
- 3+ years of Accounting or Audit experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- Corporate accounting or public accounting experience is preferred
- Proficiency with NetSuite or a similar software product is a plus
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel with a curiosity about functions and data
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role and required to work from our DC office 2 days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here.