Senior Product Marketing Manager
We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with.
Meet the Product Marketing team:
Product Marketing at Upside is a critical function within Upside’s broader Retailer Go-To-Market org. The team works at the intersection of Product, B2B Marketing, & Sales to connect Upside’s products to our retailers and drive top-line growth. As Upside releases new products and features, the growing Product Marketing team is responsible for the commercialization and go-to-market processes, as well as ensuring our Sales and Account Management teams have the training & materials they need to go out and sign new accounts - and keep our ever-growing live account base happy!
About the job:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketer who thrives in a highly visible role with potential for huge impact. In this role you’ll drive execution on our strategy to grow our merchant base and push us into new verticals. You love bringing new products & features to market, and are always thinking about ways to improve our messaging & positioning. Most importantly, you thrive partnering cross-functionally to drive top-line growth. You bring creative energy to the team, but can operate calmly in chaotic environments, exhibit outstanding attention to detail, work efficiently - and do all of this with humility and a sense of humor. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Lead execution on quarterly / annual product marketing strategy aligned with business objectives, market directions, product roadmap, and releases of new offerings
- Leverage a deep understanding of Upside’s products and roadmap, customer/user research and market insights to develop positioning and differentiated messaging for our portfolio of products
- Strategize and refine our target buyer personas and journeys based on deep knowledge of product capability and buyer requirements
- Build and maintain the core backbone of all product collateral and content such as demos, white-papers, presentations and technical blogs, that help our Sales and Account teams educate the market. Partner with Sales Enablement to ensure the Sales and Accounts teams are equipped to use the content appropriately to articulate our product positioning and value proposition
- Become a product evangelist and cross-functional bridge-builder who unites marketing, sales, customer success, and product teams to drive business results
- Assist in creation of compelling marketing collateral that simplifies product value messages to drive awareness and interest (video, webinars, thought leadership, email nurture, etc.)
- Launch new products and features by leading the launch planning, deliverables, timelines and managing cross-functional teams to ensure maximum adoption
- Provide input and strategy into product roadmap and pricing based on market and customer research finding, industry analyst interactions, market landscape and competitive findings
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years of software Product Marketing experience targeting enterprise B2B audiences
- Relevant retail industry experience (such as fuel, restaurant, grocery) and/or experience in management consulting, investment banking, or similar role with focus on developing analytical and storytelling skills is a big plus
- Experience using customer research and other data and insights to advise product and go-to-market strategy decision-making
- Experience managing key components of go-to-market strategy, including defining audience, positioning, value proposition and success metrics
- Strategic executor with a focus on measurable outcomes, contributing to the success of a hard-working team in a fast-growing SaaS company
- Highly creative, with outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality and experience working on complex, ambiguous, and fast-moving projects across multiple teams
- A strong sense of compelling storytelling that can turn sophisticated product information into concrete value propositions that emotionally resonate with our audience
- Genuine passion for problem-solving and applying an analytical approach to each new challenge
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role and required to work from our DC office 2 days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!