Revenue Planning and Analytics Manager
We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives! Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with.
About the Job
As the Revenue Planning & Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for providing actionable analytics and insights to our GTM teams and their partners, including Marketing, Sales, Accounts, Enablement, Finance, and HR. You will be responsible for building models for our business, forecasting, and Key Performance Indicators. You will report into the Manager, GTM Planning & Analytics.
What will you do?
- Manage forecasting process and efficiency across Sales and Accounts - support weekly revenue/bookings forecasting, tracking, and reporting
- Partner with marketing to monitor and report on the sales funnel from lead generation through to deal generation and customer retention
- Use data analysis and storytelling to generate actionable insights
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor to GTM teams and leadership (Marketing, Sales, Accounts) and a collaborative partner to other internal teams (Enablement, Analytics, HR, etc).
- Provide analytical support as well as thought leadership on key critical initiatives across the GTM org
- Partner with Finance to prepare board materials and complete annual planning exercises
- Drive scenario planning and modeling based on growth assumptions and levers provided from different group across the company
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency for the planning, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Determine standard processes to ensure data accuracy and precision in our GTM reporting.
- Proactively generate insights and trends into the business that help our GTM teams refine their strategies and grow the business.
- Develop automated reporting and systems to streamline the insights discovery process and tracking of performance against goals
- Partner with the Sales Ops team to craft processes that deliver the analytics needed to drive overall growth.
- Ensure that data flows seamlessly from marketing, sales and account management to finance.
What do you need?
- 3+ years of professional experience in business analytics including projects within a GTM / Revenue organization.
- Start-up / scale-up experience and comfort in a fast-paced environment.
- Banking or consulting experience is welcome.
- Expert-level knowledge of Google Sheets / Excel.
- Knowledge of Looker (or equivalent data visualization software), SQL.
- Experience with Snowflake a plus.
- Experience with basic Python a plus.
- Self-starter work ethic, entrepreneurial personality, and competitive spirit.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comfortable communicating with senior team members.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role and required to work from our NYC or DC office 2 days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!