Director, Marketing Operations
We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives! Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with.
About the job:
As the Director of Marketing Operations, you will support marketing efficiency, effectiveness, and business contribution by building and continually improving our processes, data, infrastructure, access, and measurement. The ideal person will be comfortable building and leading our marketing technology roadmap, being the owner and steward of marketing data, and rolling up sleeves to support campaign execution. You and your team will be responsible for developing and documenting marketing workflows, handling marketing data, analyzing performance, and aligning cross-functionally with RevOps. In this role, you will lead the Marketing Operations team as a part of the Demand Generation team.
What you'll do:
- Track and report on marketing metrics, campaign performance, and marketing-sourced leads across the entire funnel, from lead acquisition through retention
- Develop and evolve dashboards for executive insights and for campaign/ program level insights. Regularly advise key partners across marketing, sales, finance, and the executive team on marketing performance to ensure cross-functional alignment on the best possible data-driven marketing strategy
- Conduct performance retrospectives on a quarterly basis, develop insights and incorporate takeaways in future programs to continue to improve performance.
- Optimize lead scoring, lead flow, and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to our Sales teams for qualification and increase efficiencies and conversion rates
- Build sophisticated multi-touch marketing attribution and marketing-influence reporting
- Assess, develop, and implement marketing systems and data governance policies and supervise marketing data to ensure accuracy and completeness. Proactively address potential issues with deliverability, automation, or data quality
- Ensure that our marketing operations strategy evolves in collaboration with Revenue Operations to meet the needs of Marketing and is clearly communicated to internal partners
- Identify funnel optimizations, select new technologies, improve data workflows, and help marketing drive demand and sales pipeline by identifying what works (or what doesn’t)
- Define, build, map, and document key marketing processes and proactively identify gaps and optimizations for our current processes
- Lead the MarTech portfolio including the selection, implementation, integration, maintenance, and adoption of new technology
- Own and lead marketing automation platform, including the development and execution of lead processing strategies, campaign management, and maintenance of data hygiene
- Lead the marketing operations and insights team by prioritizing, allocating resources, and serving as the subject matter authority on marketing operations and marketing automation guidelines
- Collaborate with Finance to lead budget tracking and management for the marketing team. Work with the demand gen marketers and Rev Ops on a quarterly basis to develop quarterly targets and assist in overall marketing strategy planning.
What you need:
- 10+ years working in marketing technology and operations at growth companies and 3+ years directly leading a marketing ops team
- Expert-level experience in HubSpot and Salesforce CRM, database management/SQL experience preferred
- Deep understanding of the marketing technology landscape, including MarTech, AdTech, and WebTech.
- Strong analytical with proven experience interpreting sophisticated data sets and translate insights into action
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate progress and lead change management through streamlined and clear communication with the teams.
- Strong project management with demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines, with experience developing and implementing process improvements and documentation
- Deep experience managing team budgets and assisting marketing leadership with quarterly planning.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and drive and influence business growth
- Strong understanding of Customer Lifecycle and Lead lifecycle management
- Deep knowledge of and hands-on experience using marketing automation tools to implement programs, design automation workflows, and manage databases
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role and required to work from our Austin office 2 days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!