Senior Account Based Marketing (ABM) Manager
We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives! Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with.
About the job:
Upside is a rapidly growing scale-up looking for a Senior Account-Based Marketing (ABM) Manager to develop the ABM strategy, design and implement targeted campaigns and programs that drive pipeline and revenue in Retail sub-verticals such as Grocery, Restaurant and Fuel.
In this high impact role, you will be responsible for developing, launching, managing and measuring 1:Few and 1:Many ABM campaigns that help sales and account teams connect with stakeholders in meaningful ways, increase engagement and breadth with accounts, and contribute to pipeline generation.
What you'll do:
Demand generation / ABM strategy: Own, ideate and build the campaign and demand generation strategy defining the best approach for each vertical (Grocery, Restaurant, Fuel etc) and persona (CEO, CMO, CFO) in our target market. Align closely with Sales leaders and RevOps to understand market opportunities, help identify the ICP, and target personas. Collaborate with Ops to define account tiering, segmentation and framework, and the right programmatic approach and mix of 1:1, 1:Few and 1:Many programs to drive account engagement and contribute to quarterly and annual pipeline goals.
Campaign strategy and execution: Define tactics and execution channels in order to orchestrate multi-touch programs and campaigns, using a variety of channels (digital, paid social, email, direct mail, display advertising, webinars, etc) and integrating field events into the mix. Partner with sales on account based strategies and share new account insights. Influence cross-functional team members in Content Marketing and Product Marketing to develop messaging and content appropriate for target personas. Leverage tools and platforms to progress accounts through the buyer’s journey.
Measurement and reporting: Analyze, report, and measure the full impact of ABM campaigns in terms of prospect reach/engagement, pipeline, and influenced revenue. Leverage Salesforce to evaluate campaign performance and report ROI. Manage budget and prioritization across tactics/channels with a keen eye on ROI. Provide ongoing reports on account engagement analytics and traction gained with MQAs. Use data and industry best practices to formulate in-depth analysis, insights and interpretation to optimize programs and plays for target accounts
What you need:
- 8+ years experience in B2B Marketing, more than 5 years experience implementing ABM with ITSMA frameworks preferred
- Experience building ABM programs from scratch taking the crawl, walk, run approach with tactics, tools and overall sophistication.
- Skilled in demand generation multi-channel campaigns and developing creative ABM campaigns to help sales teams connect with account stakeholders in significant ways.
- Proficiency with ABM and demand gen martech, digital marketing trends, and optimized practices (e.g. Salesforce, Looker, Hubspot, 6sense etc).
- Proven track record meeting/exceeding lead generation and pipeline influence targets.
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in routinely developing and delivering internal presentations on strategy, execution and outcomes.
- Data-driven and metrics-focused in planning and execution.
- Passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Experience building rapport with executive partners and speaking their language
- Self-starter, resourceful, able to multitask and work autonomously with great attention to detail. Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role and required to work from our DC office 2 days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!