Senior Manager, Field Marketing
We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with.
Meet the Marketing team:
The Upside Marketing Team is made up of hardworking writers, data enthusiasts, designers, and storytellers with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences! This position sits within the merchant marketing team and works alongside our communications and content team, the design team, and the product marketing team to build compelling, data-driven campaigns.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Field Marketing is a skilled driver of B2B event-based marketing campaigns that will measurably grow our merchant network. The ideal candidate will have experience in planning and implementing successful in-person field marketing activities, inclusive of trade shows, in order to help advance Enterprise business development initiatives. This will involve planning and preparing phases, ensuring smooth execution during each event, and conducting detailed analysis and post-event evaluation against Field Marketing goals.
What you’ll do:
- Create, implement, and lead impactful field marketing programs, including trade shows, conferences, roundtables, hosted events, and leadership conferences
- Own event scheduling and logistics including sponsorships, space configuration, booth location, budgeting, production schedule, inventory, planning meetings, invitations, F&B, A/V, marketing materials, venue sourcing and contract payments
- Source and negotiate pricing with vendors such as trade show associations, onsite facilities, installations, hotels, caterers, A/V vendors, and shipping
- Build collaborative relationships and continuously engage with sales teams and leaders to develop, plan, and deliver region and vertical-specific events
- Develop custom self-serve solutions that can help sales teams host their own regional events with a light touch of branding elements
- Track lead flow and measure return on investment for all activities through metrics analysis and reporting to evaluate results against goals and use lessons to drive improvement
- Maintain event budgets, annual planning, and expense forecasting
- Continue to improve processes related to event approvals and overall event management
- Ensure a robust event presence by collaborating with other marketers on relevant areas such as PMMs on messaging and digital marketers on ads/ demand gen.
- Ensure success of events by establishing pre-event registration timelines and post event nurture follow ups
What you need:
- 10+ years of B2B field marketing experience, including 6+ years of direct experience running hosted roadshows and presence at industry events
- Experience leading event coordinators and guiding on event planning, budgeting, and trade shows (ideally GroceryShop, ShopTalk, FMI, or NRF)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a similar field
- Proficiency in evolving campaigns based on performance data and comprehensive reports, feedback from sales, and industry and business knowledge
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to engage and educate diverse audiences
- Ability to travel 25% for onsite event management and team gatherings
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role and required to work from our office 3 days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!