Senior Editorial Content Manager
We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with.
About the job:
As Upside’s Senior Editorial Content Manager, you will develop our B2B content strategy and manage the production and execution of the company’s B2B content calendar. In collaboration with the Demand Generation team, your work will engage retailers at each stage of the buyer journey — driving brand awareness, lead-generation, and lead nurturing. We’re seeking a passionate and creative content manager who wants to grow their career at a company whose mission is to transform brick and mortar commerce.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and manage our B2B content calendar, consulting partners such as Product Marketing, Demand generation, Sales & Accounts, and Creative
- Manage all internal content processes, including content request forms & submissions, content tagging and organization, website/blog publishing, and more
- Work with data scientists to generate insights that elevate our thought leadership, and expertly position those insights for intended audiences
- Write briefs that empower in-house and external writers to create high-quality content
- Work with graphic designers to ensure that each piece of content is visually appealing and meets the needs of its target audience
- Manage B2B social media content (primarily on LinkedIn) to drive awareness and engage with our target audiences
- Apply our brand voice and tone across all assets, and distilling technical information into one main message in a concise, effective manner
- Own regular website health and content reporting/analysis, identifying and sharing insights that inform future planning efforts
What you need:
- 6+ years of professional content management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL) Level C2 English
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- High attention to detail, excellent time management, prioritization, and multitasking abilities
- High proficiency in project management tools, communication platforms and creative production suites: i.e. Asana, Google Workplace, Slack, Figma amongst others.
- Deep understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Self-starter work ethic, entrepreneurial personality that is comfortable with ambiguity and constant change
- Customer-first attitude!
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role and required to work from our San Francisco office at least two days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!